Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless works / wireless doesn't work .

• 03-11-2006 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭

Hmmmm

I have the 3347 netopia from eircom and recently got a laptop with wireless . The first night I tried it wireless , and I tried everything , I couldn't get it to work , and neither could my mate with his laptop . Following morning I deleted everything and started again and it worked , result ! . But..... later on that day I tried it again and it could not find any networks , later that night it found it again . And so the story goes on ....and on . One minute it can find it ....next minute it is gone . When it does find it the signal strength is excellent and I can't think of or see any change in the circumstances between finding and not finding it .

The main pc is connected directly to the modem/router , if that makes any difference .

Anyone have any ideas ?

thanks

john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

I have the exact same problem that you describe. I usually use the wireless only one day a week when I work from home ... generally works fine all day ( though the signal strength goes up and down ) ... but at about 4 pm I loose it. Almost like it's telling me to finish up for the day. Eventually might come back, but like you describe ... up, down, up ,down, .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

I got a loan of another 3347wg tonight so I am going to try that . Also got a loan of a wireless card and will try that aswell .

Tried both , neither worked :( , but I had been told that the second 3347 might have a wireless problem aswell , so nothing learned really ...except I took the lappy to the mates house and it picked up the wireless straight away .

Right , phoned eircom support , they asked me to try changing the channel . At the time I had no reception , changed it to 11 and , hey presto , wireless a go go :) , signal strength , excellent . I will monitor it through out the day and post back if all is well .

Monitoring complete , haven't lost the signal yet , \o/ .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Depending on the age of the laptop it might be worth seeing if there is an updated driver for the wireless card some of the early centrino wireless drivers were pretty bad apparently. (Do you miss UTV Jonski? :))

dub45 wrote:
    (Do you miss UTV Jonski? :))

Sure I do , just check the BB forums and see how long it is since I posted there ;)

The majority of my posts now are where they belong , in the gaming forum .

Advertisement