Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell: Triple Agent?

Options
  • 03-11-2006 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

Seemingly, according to Gamespot ...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/splintercell4/review.html?sid=6160637&tag=reviews;story;2

... the Xbox and PS2 versions of Double Agent have a very different story beyond the inital premiss, a better ending, less plot holes and different levels than the Xbox 360 verions.

That is quite a surprise, you very rarely get publishers releasing platform (or generation) specific versions of their games.

Anyone played both versions? Are they that different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sounds wrong tbh.

I know the 360 version has three different endings, Iv'e only seen one of them though.

Anyone completed the game on more than one format? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

nope its true, the UK review of Splinter Cell on the PS2 confirms that

http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/743/743387p1.html
    So while the presentation of information is stylistically better on the Xbox 360 version, it's actually more utilitarian, more useful, and therefore presents a fuller, richer story, on the Xbox and PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I wonder what Ubisoft were thinking?

I can understand the different levels, and even the different stories. But the releative unfinished state of the 360 version is hard to justify. Did they have to rush the Xbox 360 version to get it out in time, and thus had to leave out parts. I mean there can be little excuse for leaving in plot holes (like how Sam gets his usual gun) in the 360 version when they are aren't up in the Xbox/PS2 version (one of Sams NSA contacts posses as an arms dealer and gives Sam the gun)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

they were probably thinking something along the lines of "ok lads our biggest customer base is ps2 & xbox so they are our priority. Don't worry about the 360 their customer base is smaller"

Advertisement