Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Pegasus 665???

• 03-11-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking for a laptop and would appreciate a bit of advice.

It will be used mainly for telecoms software development, web design, gaming, and surfing etc.. a lot of everything really.

I've seen this Pegasus 665 from http://www.rockdirect.com/ and am considering ordering it.

P665-T72
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0GHz, 4MB Cache
    15" WXGA (1280 x 800) X-Glass / NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256MB / 1GB DDR2 667MHz (512MB x2) / 100GB 7200rpm SATA / 8x +/- Dual Layer DVD Writer / Windows XP Home / Roxio, BullGuard, Works, Office Trial
    3 x USB 2.0 / 1 x mini-IEEE1394 Firewire / 4 in 1 Card Reader / DVI / S-Video out
    1 x Express Card Slot / 1 x Mic in / 1 x S/PDIF out / 1x RJ45 LAN / 1x RJ11 modem

The price is around E1550.

It seems like a pretty good machine, with probably one of the best graphics cards around for a 15" laptop.

There is a higher 1680 x 1050 res matt screen available but I think the glossy screens look great and I'm planning on installing Ubuntu so Ill have multiple desktops instead of the extra "real estate" of the higher res.

What do you think of this spec/machine/price or has anyone got one/dealt with Rock?
    They are based in England and give a 3 year warranty and also seem to have a good forum on their site.
    Downside: The battery life is poor apparently - 6 cell - up to 2hrs "normal" use.i.e office etc..
    Anybody got any opinions on this or have you any alternative suggestions or know of any new releases imminent that might suit my requirements??
    Thanks!

Advertisement