Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving in the library

Options
  • 03-11-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I am sitting here, studying, in the library, and I have figured out what has been bothering me about my desk. It has two sockets, one of which my laptop is plugged into, the other has a plug with a 2-pronged hole in it. The kind that has written on it, "For Shavers Only". Someone has been shaving at my desk.
    My question is, does Librocop actually live, and shave, in the library:eek: ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I am sitting here, studying, in the library, and I have figured out what has been bothering me about my desk. It has two sockets, one of which my laptop is plugged into, the other has a plug with a 2-pronged hole in it. The kind that has written on it, "For Shavers Only". Someone has been shaving at my desk.
    My question is, does Librocop actually live, and shave, in the library:eek: ?

It's probably for international students who might not have a three pin plug adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Blush_01 wrote:
    It's probably for international students who might not have a three pin plug adaptor.
    I don't think so, it doesn't look like its meant for anything but shavers. I could, very easily, be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Well, tbh, theres only one way to see if its for shavers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Dare you ask at the front desk?

There's a foreign girl beside me, who has brought her own plug, and it looks completely different. btw you all get that this is something stuck into a normal plug?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

There's a foreign girl beside me, who has brought her own plug, and it looks completely different. btw you all get that this is something stuck into a normal plug?
    That could just as easily be a 2-pin-to-3-pin European to UK plug adaptor. Although if someone WAS shaving at their desk, I'd love if it was in the electronic-device-free area, just for irony's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh, that's mine. Could you grab it for me?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Shaver plugs generally are fitted with a 220V to dual-tapped 220V 110V transformer. It's much harder to kill yourself when there's a fault if the transformer's in there.

Problem is there's a limit to how much power you can draw from one without blowing the transformer. Be careful!

Raphael wrote:
    Oh, that's mine. Could you grab it for me?
    Is it really?

No, it's mine.

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote:
    No, it's mine.
    No wonder you had a mustache yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I like the tags for this thread :)
    When I lived in Roebuck they had european plugholes...tis odd!

No wonder you had a mustache yesterday.

At least I can grow one!

It's an adaptor for a two pin plug Stephen, from what you're saying.

Blush_01 wrote:
    At least I can grow one!
    Something that you have abely, and frequently, demonstrated.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    It's an adaptor for a two pin plug Stephen, from what you're saying.
    No, it's an adaptor for a 2-pin plug for a shaver! AFAIK It can't take the same juice as a normal one, for, say, a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

maybe it's used for forcibly de-eyebrowing the people who sit behind me and won't shut the **** up.
    maybe it should be.
    hm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Why is my name in the thingy for this thread....

is it a reference to the fact that I shave/touch myself in the library or that I am generally just very hairy? Either way im terribly confused.

Or perhaps my two hole plugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Is it really?
    Of course not, I don't shave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

We ALL know about you and your plugs, Grimey my man...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Butt-plugs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

rain on wrote:
    maybe it's used for forcibly de-eyebrowing the people who sit behind me and won't shut the **** up.
    maybe it should be.
    hm.

i like ur thinking

Advertisement