Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor sneaks in price increase to 1520 numbers

Options
  • 03-11-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Meteor has quietly sneaked in a price increase. It now costs 30c per minute to call a 1520 number, such as Airtalk, from Meteor. This is by far the most expensive of any operator in Ireland.

In contrast, O2 charges 20c per minute, and even Vodafone (who tend to be expensive) only charges 25c.

International calls have also gone up slightly from 49 to 50 cents, and as of some months ago, there is a 25c set up charge, even if you only reach voicemail, in addition to the per minute charge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Are you sure that's a price increase? I'm fairly sure I compared those rates before and Meteor was by far the most expensive at 30c.

I don't know how it works in pre-pay hell, but there are quite a few providers who use geo-numbers that might be cheaper. For me they're effectively free so I would never use a 1520 service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

how much does 3 charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I actually originally posted this in the mobile forum, where it probably belongs, but somebody moved it to the IOffL forum.

But never-mind. 1huge1, to answer your question, 3 charges 25c a minute.

Advertisement