Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson or Nokia

• 03-11-2006 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Which is a better phone-the Nokia 6233/4 or the Sony Ericsson k750i

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Nokia I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I would only rate a Nokia over a Sony Ericsson when the Nokia is using the Series 60 platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

In this case the Nokia 6233/4 is better. However, if you were comparing to the Sony Ericsson K800i, I'd have to change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

In this case the Nokia 6233/4 is better. However, if you were comparing to the Sony Ericsson K800i, I'd have to change my mind.

Why do you say 6233 is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

well the nokia is a newer phone but i have a k750i and i cant fault it.
    one thing i see about the nokia is that it only has 70mb memory whereas the sony-ericsson has up to 2gb so that is a big difference
    nokia website:
    Up to 70MB total memory (6MB internal + 64MB memory card) for storing videos, pictures, and messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think the Sony Ericsson has a beyyer camera so i think will go for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

its got the same megapixels but the sony has an auto-focus which is a real help to the pic quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

BFassassin wrote:
    well the nokia is a newer phone but i have a k750i and i cant fault it.
    one thing i see about the nokia is that it only has 70mb memory whereas the sony-ericsson has up to 2gb so that is a big difference

I really doubt Nokia would limit the memory to 64meg cards. I suspect that means it's packaged with a 64meg card, which is standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The Nokia most certainly is not limited. It just means that it includes a 64 MB card already in the package. You can than go out and buy a 2GB card yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I prefer the SE over the Nokia after being a long time Nokia user. Sound quality and photo taking much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I prefer the SE over the Nokia after being a long time Nokia user. Sound quality and photo taking much better.

not to mention the o/s on the SE's i much prefer it to symbian60 and i've been a long time nokia user but i can't see myself using another nokia again tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Long time Nokia user aswell and recently aquired a W810i.

Played with it a bit but after a day of use decided to pawn off my 6230 and use the SE full time.

Well happy with it. Better cam,screen quality, mp3 playback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Dman001 wrote:
    Which is a better phone-the Nokia 6233/4 or the Sony Ericsson k750i

Its not really comparing like with like, the k750's nokia competitor is the 6230i which it beat without a doubt. Against the 6233/4 things are more balanced, the 6233/4 has a 262k screen, 3g (but no front camera) and provision for a memory card. It has about 6 meg onboard but a 64 mb card is supplied. One thing about the 6233 is that it is a beautifully finished phone although i imagine it would smudge up with prints in short order. The OS is improved after some copying for SE but it still hasn't caught up. The k750 does pack more onboard memory and as other users have suggested, the camera is better, even though its an older handset.

The k800 however which is a proper comparison beats the 6233/4 hands down with its superior screen, camera, firmware upgrades, rds equipped radio and music player. The only downside are the memory stick m2 cards. Although they are available for reasonable prices online....

Advertisement