Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog found

• 03-11-2006 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

A dog followed me home this afternoon from my walk along the John's River walkway alongside the Tramore Road. A few hours later it was still waiting outside my house so I've given it a wash and a bit of grub and left it out in the back yard. Am going to ring the WSPCA, the pound, and probably everyone's favourite radio station WLR to see if anyone's reported it missing, but in the meantime I'll post here and see if I can get lucky.

It's a terrier breed, not sure which specific type but it most resembles an Irish terrier from the ones I know. It is white and black/grey with a tan coloured head. It looks like a teddy bear. I don't have a camera to take pictures of it.

If anyone has lost it or knows who has you can PM me for contact details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

fair fooks to ya mate, most people would have run the dog from their door;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭charlie@w.d

if no one claims him dont bring him to the pound
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=207062

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

peepsbates wrote:
    fair fooks to ya mate, most people would have run the dog from their door;)

I'm a bit of a soft touch when it comes to animals, so that's why I took him in.
    if no one claims him dont bring him to the pound

I don't have the heart to send a creature to it's certain doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You really need to get a digi-camera and print off some flyers for local shops.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

is it a young dog? what breed is it?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    You really need to get a digi-camera and print off some flyers for local shops.

I'll borrow a camera from a friend and get some done up.
    peepsbates wrote:
    is it a young dog? what breed is it?

Some sort of terrier cross breed from what I can make out. It's a mature dog and seems to be used to living indoors - it jumped straight up on the settee when I let it in the living room!

I rang the pound and no-one's reported it to them. I texted the details to WLR but don't know if they read it out on air, and it's not on their website yet. I'll ring them again tomorrow. Will also ring the WSPCA tomorrow because there was no-one in the office yesterday and the mobile they gave was for emergencies only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Could also try posting on http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

Gadgie.. just sent you a PM.. you might take a look when you get a moment

The dog has been returned to his owner, a guy got in touch via the pound and claimed him. Turns out he was going to call up to me anyway as the landlord has asked him to paint the inside of the house! It's a small world, etc. etc...

Thanks for all the replies and PMs offering help. :)

Advertisement