Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allofmp3 - payment methods!!??!

Options
  • 03-11-2006 10:11pm

I've never used allofmp3 before but bought a 3v voucher in order to add some funds...it seems however that it is no longer accepting credit card payments.

It suggests buying a voucher at alltunes but there is no VISA option...can anyone suggest what I can do to add funds?

Did anyone ever buy one of the Xfrost icards? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Me.

I think I had to purchase an online voucher (like a paysafe card), then buy the
    Xfrost card with that and THEN top up that way.

I check back just to be sure.

never heard of a paysafe card before.....are they an alternative to 3V vouchers? Do they cost as much?

Topping up on allofmp3 is a pain :mad:

I bought a paysafecard online a good while ago somewhere.

Its like a payment voucher available in different amounts.

Had a quick look around again and it looks like they sell them online here:

https://www.wertkartenverkauf.com/

Xrost accept them as payment. (They accept others too; join xrost first and check)

Had to create an account to buy the paysafecard and then one to to buy the xrost card.

Arrggggh F8cking VISA!!! :mad:

I should add that I checked alltunes a minute ago and it looks like mastercard is no longer an option either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Visa and MasterCard have pulled out of payments from allofmp3.

See here

Apparently allofmp3 are threatening legal action but I don't see it working somehow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

:confused: The visa option is available again in alltunes! It had been removed when i last checked and now in fact it's the only option available. Does anyone know why visa seem to have taken a u-turn on their anti allofmp3 policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lizalahive

mp3stor.com is a good alternative,set up the same...but u can only search by album or artist first.

PAYS THE SAME....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

:confused: The visa option is available again in alltunes! It had been removed when i last checked and now in fact it's the only option available. Does anyone know why visa seem to have taken a u-turn on their anti allofmp3 policy?

I don't see a Visa option, only a VISA option via E-centru.
    Credit or Debit card

Unfortunately credit card payment is not available at the moment. You can make a payment at http://www.alltunes.com/. You may use your AllofMP3.com login and password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

according to that yahoo link: "MasterCard, the No. 2 payment system in the world behind Visa, ceased accepting credit card purchases on the Web site in early August, said Chris Harrall, a spokesman for the Purchase, N.Y.-based company"

Well I had absoloutely no problems topping up my allofmp3.com account with my mastercard (AIB student mastercard), did that about 2 weeks ago. I was able to download Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesounds on Sunday...happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MikeBard

Visa & Mastercard have withdrawn their service from AOMP3, as too have PayPal. Simply goto www.allofmp3.com and register. Then either goto www.xrost.com and register, then buy an prepaid iCard with ClickandBuy. You can then redeem your coupon when you sign back into your Allofmp3.com.

The way I did ot was: Registered with Allofmp3.com and then went directly to www.clickandbuy.com and registered with them. Once I logged into clickandbuy I bought a 10euros card and clicked submit. It then gave me two sets of numbers which I wrote down. I then logged back into allofmp3.com, clicked 'Refill Balance', entered in the required numbers and that was it I can download to my hearts content upto the value of the credits I bought.

If you sign up with Xrost.com first and you then want to buy a prepaid card you still need to pay by CC, however, in your address details , Ireland is not a selectable option in the drop down menu, plus its all in German language.

I went straight to clickandbuy.com, registered. Confirmed registration. Logged in. Selected 10euros. Chose Uk as Country. Was transferred to another screen for CC registration with the option UK selected. I simply changed that to Ireland, filled in the rest of the info and away I went.

• Advertisement
Advertisement