Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here it comes.....8800gtx

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Flaccus wrote:
    Hopefully you get it on Friday. Are you ready to start you build once you have it ?

pretty much except no gfx, i am waiting o an order of fans/fan controller/cables etc from pc-look aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

The bfg just shot to nearly 500 quid on OcUK's site and there are people patting Gibbo on the back !!

"OcUK deserver the money, they are a great tem"

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=8160570&posted=1#post8160570

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haha, oooh the loyal OcUK fanboys, how delusional they are. Gibbo is really good at what he does then I guess, if he manages to wrap them round his little finger like that.

Btw gline, I'm totally nitpicking I know :), but "Audigy XFI Fatality" in your sig, you can drop Audigy from that, t'is just X-Fi (Fatal1ty FPS)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Or maybe just link to a webpage with your sig?

Are there rules about how long your sig can be or what ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=36019

http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=4253

Faulty resistors found on the 8800gtx cards are being recalled.

yeah..this created a scare but OcUK and lots of other suppliers got replacement stock or got the resistor sorted. (so they say).

Reports of over 20k in 3dmark06 coming in with G80 SLI and a x6800 overclocked to over 4ghz.

Pity you need ntune and a 680i motherboard to overclock these G80's for now. Coolbits doesn't work. OcUK are charging over 200 quid for these boards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

oh jesus i will be defo waitin for the 2nd edition of the nvidas or the new atis .

hmm might also get a nice conroe or any news on amd l8ly or are they still bringing out the 5200+ for am2 ?

say it will be quite ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Flaccus wrote:
    The bfg just shot to nearly 500 quid on OcUK's site and there are people patting Gibbo on the back !!

"OcUK deserver the money, they are a great tem"

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=8160570&posted=1#post8160570
    Yeah, they're the muppets I was on about. I guess some people are just subservient by nature :D
    Sir Random wrote:
    The only thing more sickening than Gibbo's price-gouging tactics is the number of muppets who actually believe his spiel, and constantly praise him

Btw, even PCWorld are £50 cheaper than OcUK at 449.99 (incl):
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=738890

Gladiator had the Asus 8800GTX at £419.95:
    http://gladiatorcomputers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=GRAASUSN8800GTX

Know anywhere that's got the EVGA 680i mobo in stock ?

<edit>Alot of the places you pointed out are preorders though...so OcUK are taking advantage of their stock situation...gouging I know. If lots more places got stock and nvidia made sure of it, prices would be more competitive </edit>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

looks like their tryin to sell off the 7950's

EVGA GeForce 7950 GX2 SuperClocked 1024MB GDDR3
    Available This Week Only for just £314.99 +VAT. was 330

Psycopat wrote:
    looks like their tryin to sell off the 7950's

EVGA GeForce 7950 GX2 SuperClocked 1024MB GDDR3
    Available This Week Only for just £314.99 +VAT. was 330

think thats the same as last week

also i havent sen anywhere else with the evga 68i mobo in stock which is why i had to buy from ocuk, i think their prices are ridiculous, but they seem to be the only ones with stock that are handy to order from.

So has anyone actually ordered an 8800gtx??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Sir Random wrote:
    Even better, they have the Inno3D GTX for £399 (incl) :eek:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4BD5

Stock due on Friday, but worth waiting for.
    Ah Bollox! I just bought the XFX8800 GTX. It was in stock so the wallet had no other choice :D

Hopefully will have it by Friday or Monday at the latest. Going to pair it with an X2 3800+ Oced setup, so will report back with some realistic figures at least. I know it's going to bottlenecked compared to Conroe, but at higher resolutions the new technology is supposed to pay off.

Ah Bollox! I just bought the XFX8800 GTX. It was in stock so the wallet had no other choice :D

your wallet didnt know what hit it :)

gline wrote:
    your wallet didnt know what hit it :)
    It's still reeling from the hit!

Here's a thread of what it can do on a spec almost the same as mine :eek: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79891

Looks like quad core might have to be an option in the future. :p

id be buying 2 if komplett would hurry up with my returns :( god knows how long i will wait for that :(

gline wrote:
    id be buying 2 if komplett would hurry up with my returns :( god knows how long i will wait for that :(
    yeah I know what you mean, sent back 2 hard drives a while ago, took ages to for them to accept it, test it and send me new ones. I try not to think about it, that way when they do arrives, it's a nice surprise! :)

yeah I know what you mean, sent back 2 hard drives a while ago, took ages to for them to accept it, test it and send me new ones. I try not to think about it, that way when they do arrives, it's a nice surprise! :)

i sent them back stuff unopened under the cooling off period, shouldnt take that long to see that they are unopened :rolleyes:

Dabs have the 680 mobo in stock. With shipping it comes to the base price OcUK are charging !! 40 euro saving getting it from Dabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

just ordered my 8800GTX from the states, costing me just over 540 Euros including shipping.

the first time in over 8 years where I have moved away from ATI

NVidia, do'nt let me down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Gilgamesh wrote:
    just ordered my 8800GTX from the states, costing me just over 540 Euros including shipping.

the first time in over 8 years where I have moved away from ATI

NVidia, do'nt let me down

have ya a link to the site?

Did you ask them to stick an arbitrary value on the box as you don't want to be caught for import duty :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Hopefully will have it by Friday or Monday at the latest. Going to pair it with an X2 3800+ Oced setup, so will report back with some realistic figures at least. I know it's going to bottlenecked compared to Conroe, but at higher resolutions the new technology is supposed to pay off.
    Lol, I bought an XFX too. I don't mind paying a bit more for a good brand with a lifetime warranty.
    It should go nicely with my conroe @ 3.2Ghz :). I'm saving NWN2 until I get it, as it gets a bit choppy on the 7900GTX, even at 1280x960 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It dosent look like i can afford 2 x 8800gtx's So i think ill just get two 8800gts's. Should be more then enough for a year. I could get the gtx's Bu that means no new case, hdd, watercooling.

I think ill take the evga 590 board too, Some amazing reviews about it already.

lol

just put in an order for 2x xfx 8800gtx's from komplett, they should be in stock soon :D

g80 sli here i come :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

just a quick question to those reading up about the 8 series. Is it backwards compatible with DX9 mobos? Are they going to be releasing any more DX9 cards, or is the only option now to go DX10 or SLI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

think u need a 16x lane to run 1 of theres babys

Yes you need 16x lane to run the 8800gtx and a big case to fit it in .

• Advertisement

All Core2Duo mobos should be 16 lane. Hell, eve the Dell 9150's were 16 lane. The problem is if you are running sli then the board breaks it up into 2 8lanes. But the 680 mobos have 2 dedicated 16 lane slots, and an 8 lane (for phyx presumably or else the use of a 3rd card allows you to use sli and 2 screens at the same time).

Advertisement