Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here it comes.....8800gtx

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

gline wrote:
    yeh i know man i know..... but it was a REAL spur of the moment thing, i was in town and i thought, what the hell il buy a psu.

geez i should just setup a tab in there or something ;)

they didnt have rj12 connectors or a serial cable though :(

Indeed Sir. In fairness some of them could do with a swift kick up the arse. I can't say anything about rj12 connectors as I don't order them but I know for a fact that we have Sata cables in stock.

(Just clarifying I was kidding calling you a Moron!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

eo980 wrote:
    Indeed Sir. In fairness some of them could do with a swift kick up the arse. I can't say anything about rj12 connectors as I don't order them but I know for a fact that we have Sata cables in stock.

(Just clarifying I was kidding calling you a Moron!!)

no i meant SEIAL cable, as in OLD coms cable

and i know u were kidding ;) hehe

Ahhh fair enough. Yeah not the most popular stuff these days.

eo980 wrote:
    Ahhh fair enough. Yeah not the most popular stuff these days.

ah i know, i was chancin my arm ;) were you in work yesterday by an chance?

well i installed the 2x 8800gtx's on the secondary psu and happy days i was able to run a 3dmark 06, but major issue still, preformance is dog slow - 7k in 3dmark 06 with sli enabled, if i disable it it runs maybe 3 times faster :(

any fixes for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

gline wrote:
    they didnt have rj12 connectors or a serial cable though :(

Cant picture many people going into Peats to buy connections that are only really used for internal digital phone systems.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Cant picture many people going into Peats to buy connections that are only really used for internal digital phone systems.

well they sell a lot of different types of connectors etc, so i thought they might have one

gline wrote:
    ah i know, i was chancin my arm ;) were you in work yesterday by an chance?

I was for a while, just a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

gline wrote:
    well i installed the 2x 8800gtx's on the secondary psu and happy days i was able to run a 3dmark 06, but major issue still, preformance is dog slow - 7k in 3dmark 06 with sli enabled, if i disable it it runs maybe 3 times faster :(

any fixes for this?

Reinstall the G80 driver. Sometime sli is not enabled properly. The driver is buggy. Also reinstall DX9. If that fails then it's the bios. Some people has reported it kills 06 performance. If you backed up the old bios, you can flash it back and run the 2nd gtx in the 2nd slot. Only 8x performance but still faster then your current situation.

Flaccus wrote:
    Reinstall the G80 driver. Sometime sli is not enabled properly. The driver is buggy. Also reinstall DX9. If that fails then it's the bios. Some people has reported it kills 06 performance. If you backed up the old bios, you can flash it back and run the 2nd gtx in the 2nd slot. Only 8x performance but still faster then your current situation.

ah im not gonna do all that
    il wait until they release a proper bios and/or drivers for sli

i cant use the other slots as every slot bar one pci is taken up with devices.

might just run it with sli off for now and wait for a bios or drivers

ive read on some forums of guys that are having problems with it and they have to reinstall every few days to get it to work , im not bothered about doing that

• Advertisement

Plenty of people have it working perfectly in sli too. If it was me I would be trying to solve the problem, rather then giving up and having a 650 euro plus paperweight doing nothing in my machine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I'd contact the manufactores and c what they have to say about your problem.

Flaccus wrote:
    Plenty of people have it working perfectly in sli too. If it was me I would be trying to solve the problem, rather then giving up and having a 650 euro plus paperweight doing nothing in my machine ;)

but there are also people that didnt manage to get it fixed :(

Look at the motherboard forum on the evga site. Some people have hardly any drop in 3dmark06 using sli.

From what I can gather, you need to :
    1. do the bios update via a dos boot floppy
    2. install g80 drivers with 1 card
    3. add 2nd card for sli, reinstall drivers.
    4. install latest DX9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Does anybody know when the low end versions of these cards are coming out. Say the equivalent of the 7600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

probley not until the 2nd range come out.

how the case going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

cant wait for amd's card, they spent longer on it so it should be faster :)

So Richard - what are you laughing at - the people who bought G80's with the refresh so close ? There are those of us that want the fastest hardware out there, though I admit with the refresh around the corner I could have waited but that would just be common sense then :)

13,443 is my latest score in 3dmark06 at 660/1060, 3.3ghz QX6700 at stock volts, memory at 900mhz,4,4,4,12,2.2v. Not too shabby for 1 gpu. CPU runs a bit hot, but then again I have everything running at 1200rpm max.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8389/3dmark06kk2.jpg

good score flac

i havent got around to do anything with mine yet, need to get my hands on a serial cable for the vapo to change the temps :(

• Advertisement

finally got all my fans sorted and the case all cut and screwed in, should try and get sli fixed today or tomorrow

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing those sli scores give my rig a trouncing.
    <cough>My Quad Core is up on adverts now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Flaccus wrote:

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Flaccus wrote:
    Excellent! Looking forward to seeing those sli scores give my rig a trouncing.
    lol :D

edit: just looked at your adverts thread. Surely you can avail of the cooloff period that komplett have? slashing €500 off a premium product like that is mad :o

why? if you read the ad it's clear why.

who said I slashed 500 euro off it.
    1. I got an extreme edition presler in part exchange plus 500 euro.
    2. I almost never pay retail prices for my cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

ah, excuse the bleary eyedness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You have more money then sence flaccus :p

Im only hitting 8300 in 06. with the cpu at 3.6ghz ( banzai, non orthos stable ) And the graphics card just above standard speeds. Mine dosent seem to overclock well. Still it was only a stop gap before the newer releases in the new year.

having a lot of trouble with this rig, with 750watt psu powering vapo+hdds etc 12V is @ 10v , thats with the secondary cpu powering the gtx's , tried loads of combinations and cant get anything else to boot :(

Lots of PSU's require a min. load on the 5v and 3.3v rail before they do anthing. But I guess you have tried different combos including running 1 card from 1 psu and 1 from another. Maybe the problem is the vapo and how much juice/amps that needs. Did you try running without if first ?

• Advertisement

no i didnt try running it without the vapo first, the system is running, but when under high load it shuts down :(

what is a good monster psu to use that has 4 pci-e connectors? and has very good 12V rails

i was looking at the bfg 1000watt psu or a tagan 900watt.

anyone else know of any to recommend?

Advertisement