Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here it comes.....8800gtx

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

gline wrote:
    anyone else know of any to recommend?

the enermax 1kw comes highly recomended i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

cool

i was reading up on some forums, looks like i might have burnt out the cpu, LOL

il know soon enough when i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Dude just buy one of these.
    It is cheap and will power 1 g80 no problem
    Your OCZ should handle the other g80 and everything else in your rig.
    http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1763.html

If you prefer a massive psu, the enermax 1000w comes highly recommended as does the noisier pc power and cooling models and the silverstone 750w I believe. Wouldn't bother with the Tagan 1100w - too noisy. And the BFG - the jury is still out on that (it does actually have 4 pci-e connectors). Their previous efforts were not rated at all. Depends on who is oem'ng this one.

If you get the Enermax make sure it fits and the huge 140mm fan is not blocked in anyway.

gline wrote:
    cool

i was reading up on some forums, looks like i might have burnt out the cpu, LOL

il know soon enough when i get home

OMG !! Hope not. Let me know. PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dunno, im not happy with enermax at all. Im on my second one, As the first suplied no pwoer. Its noisy, Get very hot. But the rails are very stable.

My 850W is rated to handle 2 g80's but they are expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I bought a silverstone Zeus 850watt psu. It's very nice and on nvidia's certified 8800 GTX SLI list so the upgrade path is there if needed. It's only slightly bigger than the OCZ 600w powerstream it replaces and still manages to fit in the cramped P180 comfortably.

yeh looks like either mobo or cpu is fooked :(
    hopefully its the cpu :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

You know what's really ironic is that in just a few months, you will have a new Geforce 8 series card built on a finer manufacturing process that will eat less power and churn out faster FPSes in games than the current 8 series cards. The insanity never ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You know what's really ironic is that in just a few months, you will have a new Geforce 8 series card built on a finer manufacturing process that will eat less power and churn out faster FPSes in games than the current 8 series cards. The insanity never ends.

Ironically enough, there is always someone like yourself posting everytime this so called "insanity" occurs..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OK Guys,

Going to buy a GTX, but was wondering which brand is the best? or are they all reference Nvidia boards, I suppose I want one that runs the coolest and can overclock pretty well. I was leaning towards an XFX version.

Thanks

Snake ;)

• Advertisement

OK Guys,

Going to buy a GTX, but was wondering which brand is the best? or are they all reference Nvidia boards, I suppose I want one that runs the coolest and can overclock pretty well. I was leaning towards an XFX version.

Thanks

Snake ;)

pretty much all are similar, xfx are good, bfg, gainward etc....

Buy whatever is cheapest.
    Asus actually manufacture ALL the G80's for Nvidia at the moment and the other companies just slap their own cooler / branding on it.
    So whichever is cheapest. There is no supposed to be no tiering at the moment where the like of BFG, EVGA, XFX, Gainward get the pick of the best cores and Point of View, and a few others get the rest. Never put much stock in that anyway, as a hell of a lot of people bought preoverclocked XFX and EVGA 7900GTX's for them only to artifact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok don't slate me for linking the Inquirer, but did nobody read this story?

All this talk about uberPSUs being needed for the 8800GTXs and then this guy gets an amazing rig stable on 500w's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dunno how he managed that tbh. but fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I see that XFX are going to release a special edition overclocked GTX called an XXX, think its going to be limited edition

Snake ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Let's see what OCZ bring to the GFX market......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's only slightly bigger than the OCZ 600w powerstream it replaces and still manages to fit in the cramped P180 comfortably.

I just bought one of those (the 600w ocz) for a new machine, any opinions or observations? I won't ever be going sli or crossfire, so that's not a concern :)

HavoK wrote:
    I just bought one of those (the 600w ocz) for a new machine, any opinions or observations? I won't ever be going sli or crossfire, so that's not a concern :)

should be fine for 1 gpu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

i'm running an 8800gtx on a 550w psu and no glitches

Advertisement