Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband question

Options
  • 03-11-2006 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

hi i got an eircom broardband modem in pc world a few months back its the netopia 3347nwg.its supposed to have built in wireless.anyway rang eircom signed up have it in 2 months now only the phone has stoped working,when i pick up the phone all i hear is this buzzing.i have tried installing the software again to no avail.i have tried pluging in the phone on its own still no help.Has anyone got any ideas I really need the house phone:(
    Also the wireless wont work.I have a built in wireless adapter on my laptop and when i go to install the wireless broadband the computer freezes everytime this is a real pain in the neck because i have to keep my computer beside the phone:mad:
    I hope you can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I'm a little confused :confused:

So you have an Eircom Broadband package that is working on a wired connection but it does not work wireless due to a problem with your laptop being unable to install the software required to run the connection.?
    In addition your telephone does not work at all?

Sounds like several possible problems here.

Have you got the microfilter installed in the phone socket? It should have come with the modem. Its a cream coloured device with one plug to fit the wall socket and two sockets..one for the phone and one for the modem. You need this for everything to function properly.

Eircom's guide to installing the modem for a wired and wireless connection is HERE but it sounds like you have already tried it...no harm in having a look though.

Can you post the specs on your laptop including details of the wireless adapter in your laptop as it is possible it may not be compatable with the modem.

I'd say maybe give Eircom a call regarding your phone issue if the microfilter does not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

hopeful wrote:
    I'm a little confused :confused:

So you have an Eircom Broadband package that is working on a wired connection but it does not work wireless due to a problem with your laptop being unable to install the software required to run the connection.?
    In addition your telephone does not work at all?

Sounds like several possible problems here.

Have you got the microfilter installed in the phone socket? It should have come with the modem. Its a cream coloured device with one plug to fit the wall socket and two sockets..one for the phone and one for the modem. You need this for everything to function properly.

Eircom's guide to installing the modem for a wired and wireless connection is HERE but it sounds like you have already tried it...no harm in having a look though.

Can you post the specs on your laptop including details of the wireless adapter in your laptop as it is possible it may not be compatable with the modem.

I'd say maybe give Eircom a call regarding your phone issue if the microfilter does not work.

done the set up bit for wireless it says on the stats page that wireless is active but i dont know.as for the phone i dont think its the filters as i have tried pluging out the broadband and pluging in the phone on its own.i have tried several other phones aswell:( About the specs the laptop is a Toshiba equiem a 60 and its 2 years old if thats any help im not very technical:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

The Netopia 3347NWG is a wireless modem allright. However you would appear to have a problem with your phone line. If you plug in your phone(without any other cables from the pc/laptop plugged in) and get no dial tone you need to be reporting a fault to Eircom.

Advertisement