Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will my cat die?

Options
  • 04-11-2006 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Must of had it about 14 years at this stage, surely the poxy thing cant go on much longer?

It's really starting to get on my tits at this stage. So i am just curious how much longer it has to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

mine was about that when it died. Mind you it did die of a kidney failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

They can live into their early twenties. Average age is about 15. Is it healthy? Why do you not want it to live longer? You're lucky to have it as long as you do!

Kidney disease is probably the most common cause of death in older cats bar being killed by a car.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Must of had it about 14 years at this stage, surely the poxy thing cant go on much longer?

It's really starting to get on my tits at this stage. So i am just curious how much longer it has to?

I think thats a sad thing to say about your cat....You so obiously have no feeling of affection for IT :mad: your cat.

Exactly whats the problem??? Does the cat have health issues?? why do you want her to die????
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

judging from his post (above) he would care for it since he is concerned for it note the "get on my tits" part. He is obviously just looking for the average age that cats live for nothing serious here just a concerned cat owner :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

If you don't like cats why do you have one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

nando wrote:
    They can live into their early twenties. Average age is about 15. Is it healthy? Why do you not want it to live longer? You're lucky to have it as long as you do!

20 years?! Ah bollox. Yea its seems pretty health, still running around like always.

artieanna wrote:
    I think thats a sad thing to say about your cat....You so obiously have no feeling of affection for IT :mad: your cat.

Exactly whats the problem??? Does the cat have health issues?? why do you want her to die????
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

No, dont really have much affection for it. It's only a cat infairness.

Basically, its the family cat. I never particularly wanted it. but after this time people have flown the nest and what have you so its my job to look after it. If it lives for 20 years so be it. I have no intention of having put down because shes a nusance(sp).

Just wondering how much longer it will last.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Okay the cat is 14 so depending on his/her health she may live a max of five years more maybe less.....

Could you have the cat rehomed? If you're not fond of it maybe thats an option...

I feel sorry for the cat to be honest:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm shocked at the attitude of 'Chucky the tree.' :eek: If you ever become old or infirm you'll be looking for people to take care of you. With an attitude like that, I don't blame people for flying the nest to be honest. :mad: Like Artieanna, I feel sorry for the cat. :(
    Surely there's a relative or someone who could take care of her and love her in her last few years. She may be "only a cat" but she deserves better than someone who's just waiting for her to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kyra

are you for real????????:eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I think the OP has **** all to do after midnight and thought he'd wind animal loving people up so don't bother answering the no brainer :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Probably one of the worst examples of flamebait I've seen in a while.

Thread should be locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement