Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels disgrace!!

• 04-11-2006 2:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭

I was at the shels v drogs match tonight and I have never seen the like of it before, we are lucky nobody was seriously injured.

Firstly both sets of fans were beside eachother in the stands even if you couldnt hear the shels fans but they were there. The drogheda fans are very vocal and were enjoying the atmosphere of both sets of fans singing against eachother.

Then shels scored their first and they (shels fans) started to get nasty. A full bottle went straight past me and hit a young girl prob about 13 on the side of the head. The poor girl and her friends were terrified and they tried to get the attention of the Gardai but were ignored. The girls then made their own way to the other side of the stadium.

Shels then went ahead and more bottles came flying across 1 hitting another drogheda supporter. But the most discusting thing i have ever seen at a match happened after droghedas last goal. A shels fan threw a lit banger into the crown of drogheda fans which people managed to get away from before in exploded there was people terrified after this and most of these left because of fear they would be hurt.

It was an absolute disgrace and i would be ashamed to have anything got to do with that club and their fans. They should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I was hit by a nagan and a coin thrown by Derry "fans" at the Brandywell a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

LOL, Drogs fan complaining about scum. I would say more, but the charter says I cant.

Go away and bother someone else. Maybe just stay on your own little Ultra sensitive message board and talk about mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Instead of turning this into "you're club as worse than our club" or whatever, how about we accept this is a growing problem in the Irish game and discuss ways to address it?

From what I know, the trouble makers at Shels are all known faces, so whay are they in the ground in the first place?

Why don't stewards earn their keep and deal with this?

Why don't the Gardai do their f*cking job?

Whats it gonna take, a serious injury or worse before people with a duty of care actually do something about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Apparently Shels have it under control, ONE person was barred from Tolka a couple of weeks ago. Bohs have banned 20-30 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

gimmick wrote:
    LOL, Drogs fan complaining about scum. I would say more, but the charter says I cant.

Go away and bother someone else. Maybe just stay on your own little Ultra sensitive message board and talk about mediocrity.

So tell me when you seen Drogheda fans behave like this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

As always in an EL thread im giving an outsiders point of view, but even as an outsider I hear regular reports of trouble at games. Ive yet to hear of any major initiative to stamp this out. Also theres no need for finger pointing because the people that engage in this behaviour are not supporters of the club or the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Rather than this turn into another "your club are ****/scum/myra hindley" what can be done to eradicate this from our league. It is getting all to common at a lot of clubs and is only going to drive away the few fans we all get going to games.

TBH, the problem is young people in general and I think it all represents what is going wrong in Irish society as a whole (im 24 and I sound like 94!) These little pricks have no respect for anyone bar a good hiding might sort them out. ALL clubs need to come together imo and try come up with a workable solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There is this element in all clubs, which is growing with each passing week.

At Shels it's called the 'Skooligan' element. They all have Bebo pages, and organise this trouble before the games. I have seen a Bebo page this week with a group of youngfellas from Cork goading and threatening a group of these **** pretending, on Bebo, to be Shels fans.

Shels barred more than one person, by the way Bohsman, and no-one has claimed to have it under control. I'd like to see where you are getting that little gem from?

I'm not burying my head in the sand on this one, and will freely tell the stories of the little scrote arrested in Longford a few weeks ago for stealing the Emergency Hammer off the supporters bus, and causing criminal damage in the local Abrakebabra with it. I approached other members of this 'group' on that night and told them exactly what I thought of them, I have helped to bring it to the attention of the club authorities - now what else can I do?

Here's a nice 16 page thread on ShelsWeb about this, started by me after that trip, in which you will find that every Shelbourne wants this trouble stamped out.

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6832

Also, Bohsman, can I ask just how long was it before Bohs admitted to the problem of the Casuals? How long then did it take to get these people barred, and do you deny that there is still trouble with kids, who pertain to be Bohs fans? I'm not trying to make this a 'your club is worse than mine' thing, but frankly, I find your snide comments childish and petty in the extreme. Yes, there is a problem with a section of people who attend Tolka Park for Shelbourne games, and I can remember no incident where anyone related to SFC, in an official capacity, has claimed that it is under control.

I don't work for Shelbourne, so I can't answer questions like 'Why haven't these people been barred' - because I have been asking the same questions of the club aswell.

edit: I want to apologise, as a Shelbourne fan, to redzerdrog, for what he witnessed in Tolka Park last evening.

further edit :

Apology issued by SFC : http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=506

LOL. How about every time City head up to Drogheda, being pelted with stones by little urchins running amok, both inside and outside the ground. How about at the Setanta cup final when a few of our younger fans (kids 14-15) were attacked by a bunch of fellas in Claret of around 30? How about when ye were last down the Cross a number of your fans being thrown out for throwing bottles and whatever ye could get ye're hands on onto the pitch.

Now, as already said, without wanting to say my clubs is better than yours, people are better off complaining about their own, rather than bitching about others. No club in the eL is perfect. I know in Turners Cross there have been a number of new meausres in order to sort out the teens acting the twat at games. There havent been any bannings for some reason, but they will come soon. Hopefully.

I just find it amusing that this thread was started to complain about others fans, when if the OP looked an awful lot closer to home, he would see the exact same thing happening week in week out. We all can at our own grounds. Having said all that, I hate going to away grounds and having these little twerps acting the maggot, ruining the game for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    I hate going to away grounds
    :D

Yes, yes you do!

• Advertisement

^ The fact they arent in Cork makes them unappealling to me ;)

EDIT: and all credit to selective quoting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

redzer and mrjoesoap banned for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

gimmick wrote:
    LOL. How about every time City head up to Drogheda, being pelted with stones by little urchins running amok, both inside and outside the ground. How about at the Setanta cup final when a few of our younger fans (kids 14-15) were attacked by a bunch of fellas in Claret of around 30? How about when ye were last down the Cross a number of your fans being thrown out for throwing bottles and whatever ye could get ye're hands on onto the pitch.

Now, as already said, without wanting to say my clubs is better than yours, people are better off complaining about their own, rather than bitching about others. No club in the eL is perfect. I know in Turners Cross there have been a number of new meausres in order to sort out the teens acting the twat at games. There havent been any bannings for some reason, but they will come soon. Hopefully.

I just find it amusing that this thread was started to complain about others fans, when if the OP looked an awful lot closer to home, he would see the exact same thing happening week in week out. We all can at our own grounds. Having said all that, I hate going to away grounds and having these little twerps acting the maggot, ruining the game for us.
    Actually one person has been banned

TILTMAN 22 - the twat who was standing on the advertisment boards and trying to start fights with other skoolingans was banned, a friend of mine is a neighbour of his so thats how I found out:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I presume this was for use of the oh so horrendous 's' word. Would you care to offer a suitable alternative for describing such individuals? The phrase is in common use everywhere and to me is far less derogatory than 'wanker' etc which is deemed acceptable to post.

Back on the topic, I was beside mrjoesoap in the Brandywell when the objects were thrown at him and I am disgusted at any such behaviour, though it's not surprising with the little ****s that regualrly organise the trouble at Tolka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Security in Tolka was a joke last night, and some Shels fans were idiots, but Iwas nearly hit with a bottle thrown from the Drogheda section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

"Shels barred more than one person, by the way Bohsman, and no-one has claimed to have it under control. I'd like to see where you are getting that little gem from?"

Raheny Red was showing off about how the situation was under control on smartarser.ie, fair enough thats only message board talk.

Between the needed revenue the casuals bring and the fact that they cause very little trouble in Dalymount there was nothing done till recently when there was trouble in the bars. The situation at Shels is a little different in that the skooligans are causing trouble in Tolka pissing off the Shels regulars, also the Bohs skooligans seem to be heading to Tolka to cause trouble, Ive yet to see any in Dalymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Why don't you write a letter to the newspapers or write a letter to the journalists that cover the EL and see what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

that sucks. without mjs what are we gonna do for videos and shi1t?

Advertisement