Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashed and Burnt

Options
  • 04-11-2006 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just purchased Dawn of War / Winter Assault twin pack.....got excited reading the box, and thought I was at last getting a decent game that played on specs actually LOWER than my old computer.

Unfortunately, I did not read the tiny type carefully enough. Turns out a special video card is required: "AGP", and mine is "PCI".

When I tried to run the game, the intro movie was a little blurry, even a bit pixellated. The game screen itself was bizarre....I only got to the intro screens.....everything is enlarged too big....I can only see about a third of what should be there, and only the left side of it.

Am I totally scre*ed?

Pentium 4 at 1.5 MHz
    1280 MB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 PCI at 128 MB
    Windows XP Home edition
    Current screen resolution is set at 1024 x 768, 32 bit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Theres no PCI graphics cards available that will run current games and unfortunatley if your PC has a PCI graphics card its unlikely to have a APG port.

New computer time I'm afraid. :/

Advertisement