Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Application for gun club.

• 04-11-2006 7:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Hey lads this ones a big one, really need help here. Im applying to my local gun club, by way of handwritten letter(its how its done!!) and well ive the bare bones of a letter(full A4). I know the brother of the secretary of the club and hes handin in the letter for me/good word. The letter says im keen, what i own, what im into, im upstandin, blah blah blah any pointers, anyone have a generic letter, any hints or tips????
    Should i have refs i have two lined up if i need em!! both known to the club. poss ref off my fao dunno if it would help though??

PM me if you feel you have to

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

So noone out of the 21 people to view this post is registered and has applied to a gun club in writing before. I really need help with this id like to get in this year. The agm is up soon and i dont want to wait till next year.

ANY TIPS AT ALLLL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

In board terms 21 views is nothing, particularly in the early hours of a Saturday morning, most people with sense are probably still in bed. Have some patience for heaven's sake.

newby.204 wrote:
    ANY TIPS AT ALLLL!!

Don't use text speak

That will increase your chances 100%!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Someone that desperate shouldn't really be around firearms methinks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 baikal

Ours is just an application form which requires two members signatures but yours certainally sounds like you left nothing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

sorry man i just paid me dues and i was in, obviously they have rights to some pretty decent shooting if they can afford to pick and choose their members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

they do couple hundred acres game and vermin and clay compos, thanks for the helpful advice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Newby, why do you think you are suitable to be a member of that club?
    Think about it. Put yourself in thier shoes, would you be good for the club? What can you offer the club? Etc. ect....

Now write those thoughts down, QED!

Advertisement