Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours

• 20-11-2005 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

1st off Pats
    Out For Sure
    Prenderville (odd decent defender who can play anywhere)
    Donnelly( ah well wont be missed)
    Rowe (gone back to shels who let him go for free)
    Vinny Perth (played well int he middle out of nescessity at times during the season)
    Robbie Smith (ahh only a kid would have liked to see him stick around, could have been useful)

Out not sure
    Barry Ryan to shels? Player of the year at Pats but Shels want him :(
    Robbie Doyle ???Wtf headless chicken but still did the running part, a player in the Martin Reily mould ie we love when he comes on and scores, hate him when he starts and misses a lot.

IN Not sure
    Fitzpatrick (im liking this rumour)
    Ndo( im liking this one too altho be a great signing if we only played 18 games a season)
    Larsson on the longer deal?

Sheppard on loan with Kilkenny did well there not sure if he coming back or not.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

as for Cork, i've heard very strong rumours about wes hoolahan coming south.. Greg O'halloran and Liam Kearney rumoured to be going in the opposite direction...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Shels have released:

Kevin Doherty
    Alan Cawley
    Ger Rowe
    Derek Pender
    Glen Fitzpatrick
    Hussain Yazdani
    Curtis Fleming

And are rumoured to be after Greg O'Halloran.

Hoolahan leaving would be a tragedy, even signing Liam Kearney wouldn't make up for that. Cork have O'Flynn and Kearney out of contract after the cup final afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hussain Yadzani

Who?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Who?

Decent enough young player. Pats will probably sign him and he'll shine for you. Not that it would be too hard these days.

Is Larsen sticking around? Any goals coming any time soon?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Decent enough young player. Pats will probably sign him and he'll shine for you. Not that it would be too hard these days.

Is Larsen sticking around? Any goals coming any time soon?

Hes a playmaker!!! Umm didnt half your team and half of the top 5 in last for-bleedin-ever play for us at some stage? If it wasnt for us where would the best players come from?

Odd fact there are over a 100 ex pats players with league medals for various clubs. Oh look Kevin Doyle got oen this week that makes it 101 ;)

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    If it wasnt for use where would the best players come from?

Inconvenient typo? :p

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Inconvenient typo? :p

In your case its meant " if it wasnt for our money where would all the best players go"

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I can't see Wes going south, and well, Pat's to sign Ndo - laughable. He has established himself as a first team regiular and developed a real emotional connection (lol) with the fans! ;) Ger Rowe is a free agent now. Yazdani used to play for Coventry. Glen Fitz will go to Drogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

KdjaC wrote:
    Rowe (gone back to shels who let him go for free)

I was hoping Rowe would return to Shels but that is out the window now. Now I haven't seen alot of Rowe this season but I felt he would be an ideal filler for Fitzpatrick behind Byrne, O'Neill and Crowe.

Just wondering KdjaC, how did you (and your fellow Pats fans) rate Rowe this season? Would you like him back permenantly?
    KdjaC wrote:
    Out not sure
    Barry Ryan to shels? Player of the year at Pats but Shels want him :(

I can safely say the Shels fans don't want Ryan and we don't need him. With Williams and Delaney at Shels we're grand in that department. There would only be one keeper who I would like to see join Shels and that is UCD's Quigley even if that resulted in either Willo or Dean leave (preferably Delaney)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Pat's to sign Ndo - laughable.

Yeah it just won't happen! I don't see Ndo leaving Shels thank God (*fingers crossed*) but if he did leave I'd like to see him join someone of a higher caliber than Pats (no offence KdjaC) like a top Championship club.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    and well, Pat's to sign Ndo - laughable. He has established himself as a first team regiular and developed a real emotional connection (lol) with the fans!

Umm you do know where you got him from, or was it before your time as a shels fan :p

kdjac

• Advertisement

Rowe loves the corner flag, not a striker in any sense of the word, going to Longford apparently.

Williams who if Ryan was going to you would be a decent swap but he going back to Wales. Delaney cost shels their season by being young and inexp so obviously Fenlon wants a another keeper. Ryan possibly the best available as Devine going nowhere, O Brien going to Bohs and Forde may be available.

Again ...Hallo Ndo was sold to Shels for 3k by pats as we couildnt pay him, now we can. Why wouldnt he want to sign for a team on the up, or stay in a team on a downward slide. Its called coming home:D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

KdjaC wrote:
    Again ...Hallo Ndo was sold to Shels for 3k by pats as we couildnt pay him, now we can. Why wouldnt he want to sign for a team on the up, or stay in a team on a downward slide. Its called coming home:D

Shels on a downward slide? 11 wins from the last 13 games... statistics and improvement on the field proves otherwise.

Ndo wasn't at Pats for long so I can't see him at all having any emotional connection to Pats where he would consider Pats to be ''home.'' Also the booing of him by Pats fans of him wouldn't be a great reason to return to ''home.''

KdjaC wrote:
    Why wouldnt he want to sign for a team on the up,

No European football perhaps...

Plus Pats aren't really a team "on the up", they finished 8th/12 this season and 8th/10 last season, but pointswise they got 10 less this season (albeit with three games less).

KdjaC wrote:
    Umm you do know where you got him from, or was it before your time as a shels fan :p

kdjac
    Been a Shels fan for 15 years, so suffice to say, not before my time. I'm well aware of where he came from, just find it laughable at the suggestions of him returning.

Shels on a downward slide?

3rd yeah? 8 games in Europe before you even get a game properly bit of a drop on the last few seasons? Superstars not happy with each other, best squad in the league and it took 5 months to find the best 11, manager who plays FM2006 in the stands as he rarley allowed on the touchline. Chairman a confirmed nutcase, no offence we finished 3rd bottom conceded half the amount from the previous season and knew from day one we needed a striker. Would say we have more a chance of getting somehwere next season than Shels. We will sign what we need, you will sign anyone with a large salary and then play them :confused:

Gimmick got it spot on at the start of the season with his notion that disharmony among the Shels Superstars would cost them.

Take note of Man Utd fall from the top, they not alone.

:D

kdjac

Not much unlike St. Pats fall from grace, what are the factors you would put that down to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Dolan!

Okay, so who was responsible for Pats winning the league in 01/02 so?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Not much unlike St. Pats fall from grace, what are the factors you would put that down to?

Shels and Oul Eamo and his Phil Thompson style of harmonious dressing rooms.

Who else, i mean you couldnt win it on the pitch so stole it from us thus causing a rather large shortage of money coming into the club.

Chukhwu....Martin Chukhwu....dealer of football justice!!!!!!

So other than establishing Shels are about as likely to win anything ever again as FC United have of beating ManUtd in the CL final, any other rumours?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

KdjaC wrote:
    3rd yeah? 8 games in Europe before you even get a game properly bit of a drop on the last few seasons? Superstars not happy with each other, best squad in the league and it took 5 months to find the best 11, manager who plays FM2006 in the stands as he rarley allowed on the touchline. Chairman a confirmed nutcase, no offence we finished 3rd bottom conceded half the amount from the previous season and knew from day one we needed a striker. Would say we have more a chance of getting somehwere next season than Shels. We will sign what we need, you will sign anyone with a large salary and then play them :confused:

Gimmick got it spot on at the start of the season with his notion that disharmony among the Shels Superstars would cost them.

Take note of Man Utd fall from the top, they not alone.

:D

kdjac

thats just nosence i might aswell say rovers are goin to light up the league and romp home 10 points clear on top, remember if the league was decided on results alone as opposed to poor handling of a football club you'd be playing dublin city on tuesday, pats had their flash in the pan, i doubt it'll happen any time soon, shels had the strongest finishing form of this season, remember corks run to 2nd last year? shels for the EL 2006

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ndo back to Pats, good stuff Kdjac :D

Rowe is sh*te and always has been. Delighted he's gone on a free, never understood why he was rated in the first place.

And it wasn't egos that cost Shels this season, it was woeful team selections and tactics. We got that right at the end of the season and look what happened, we'll be fine next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ken Oman to Pats (or proffesional bodybuilding) Palmer also released.
    McGuinness has apparently signed along with Stephen O'Brien and Declan O'Brien with Thomas Heary coming back from a years injury and talking about being player of the year next year things are looking up. Also talk of Fitzpatrick signing

Palmer showed up at the 1st leg of the rovers play-off and was nearly lynched

bohsman wrote:
    Ken Oman to Pats (or proffesional bodybuilding) Palmer also released.
    McGuinness has apparently signed along with Stephen O'Brien and Declan O'Brien with Thomas Heary coming back from a years injury and talking about being player of the year next year things are looking up. Also talk of Fitzpatrick signing

Hasn't Stephen O'Brien retired?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hasn't Stephen O'Brien retired?

First he was retiring then he was going to Kilkenny, now were after him because we cant afford Dan Connor

Dublin City have signed Damien Brennan, Gavin McDonnell, Paul Crowley and Ger McCarthy. The Dundalk fans on here seem to love old horse himself, but he will be woefully out of his depth in the premier division.

Apparently he's matured alot as a player, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Barry Murphy of shams appears to be on his way out, with 3 clubs after him - Longford, Cork City and CHF.

Good keeper, but I dont know would he come to Cork to sit on the bench. He is not as good as Mick Devine. Id imagine Longford is the likely destination should he leave, as with Digger gone, they are looking for a new number 1.

Also, apparently Shels are after that guy at Dunfermline. Dempsey is it?

Haven't heard anything about that. Hmmm, wouldn't be a bad signing, but he's an attacking mid fielder and I doubt he'd displace Joey Ndo on that position.

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    Haven't heard anything about that. Hmmm, wouldn't be a bad signing, but he's an attacking mid fielder and I doubt he'd displace Joey Ndo on that position.
    Keith Doyle, Kieran Foley, Willo McDonagh, Gavin McDonnell and Keith O'Halloran released by Shamrock Rovers. McDonnell has joined Dublin City. [RTÉ]

Unless the Joey to Belgium rumours were true! ;) Lol! Better not be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk fc have signed the following players

New Additions
    Derek Griffin: Signed from Monaghan. Has Premier Division experience with Dublin City under John Gill. Cebtral Defender.

Alan McDermott: Ex Man United, Ayr United, Hamilton, Shelbourne, Newry and Kildare County central defender. 23 Years Old.

Austin Skelly: Left winger/forward signed from Athlone. Ex Dublin City, Kilkenny and Home Farm.

Robbie Dunne: Returning to Dundalk after a season at Bray Wanderers.

Fiachra McArdle: Also returning to Dundalk from Athlone Town.

Philip Hughes. striker ex Kilkenny, St Pats, Kildare and Monaghan striker.

Players released:
    Released
    Stephen McGuinness
    Chris Deans
    Mickey O'Kane
    Bryan McCrystal
    Thomas Morgan
    Danny Woods
    Martin Smith
    David McGeough
    Shane Jackson
    Alan Murphy

We got Anto Murphy from UCD
    Tried to buy Hunt from bohs.....lol hes on 1800 a week and we tried to buy him....lol

O Byrne took out an injunction against Pats to stop them sacking him, odd hes in charge of bringing in money , he hasnt actually brought in any yet wont leave even tho hes the one who knows best that he sucked at the job in 1st year.
    Jesus if Morgan ever hit form again i would love to have him back, class player 7 yeasr ago.
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Our signings so far

Alan Murphy from derry, he was out of contract and wanted to come home, not bad considering we sold him for 22k 2 years ago.Fantastic signing.
    Ciaran foley from sligo, a tough tackling midfielder, just what galway need.
    Stephen Gavin, supposed wing wizard from athlone town according to the town fans
    Eric levine, was on loan to us towards the end of the season.A handy player to have.He seems to be settled in galway now.
    Ryan o donnell, a young right back from sligo, formaly with derry and kildare county on loan. Good prospect.

most of last years team have signed up again, none released so far.

KdjaC wrote:
    We got Anto Murphy from UCD
    Tried to buy Hunt from bohs.....lol hes on 1800 a week and we tried to buy him....lol

How much did you offer?

Apparently our confirmed signings are
    Stephen O'Brien
    Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien
    Barry Ferguson
    Jason McGuinness

glentoran are after lee roache

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

blu_sonic wrote:
    glentoran are after lee roache
    Glens, Pats and Bray want him. Suprises me.

Jayo Byrne might be off to Scandanavia, for several multiples of the highest transfer fee ever received in Ireland. There are bids in, lubs that are regular in European competitions) but they have been rejected and told to come back with more!

Theres another thread about that ^.

Another new face for Oriel Park
    John Gill has made yet another new signing as he attempts to build a squad that can challenge for honours in 2006. Latest to join the ranks is ex-Dublin City, UCD and Drogheda United Captain Aidan Lynch.

opinions please?

He has good FM stats. Centre back or defensive midfielder if I remember correctly. Don't ever recall actually seeing him play.

• Advertisement

goalkeeper Niall Gallagher from UCD. Dundalk have also confirmed the departure of Aaron Shanahan.

willo mcdonnagh, sparky rutherford, shelly, doyler, gav McD, all released as you all know.

shero, beach boy, roache, murphy, billyboy speculation surrounding them all

Rutherford went to Pats.

i know Gavo's at dub city but i was just spinning off who left the club

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Rutherford went to Pats.

And the Dublin merry go round goes on.

Now, I dont wish to be facetious, but can anyone name one Dublin based player, over the age of 25, who has only played for only one Dublin club?

Apart from Heary at Shels, I cannot think of another (and I stand to be corrected as to whether he played for another eL side). Does Loyalty not exist in Dublin?

On thinking of this further I think maybe Colm Foley of Pats as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Yeah always wondered.

Players like Trever Molloy, Sparky, Colin Hawkins ...the list goes on and on.

I think Heary joined us from CHF!

He did yes.

There's Jason Byrne, though some will say Bray is as good as another Dublin side...

Dave Rogers is another, but yeah, few and far between, and I agree it's a joke. Why on earth are Pats signing him? He was finished when he played for Bohs ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Finn Harps have released Paddy Mc Greanghan, thank god finally.

Kevin Mc Hugh supposedly on his way out. Apparantly Drogs, Linfield, Glentoran Derry and Sligo after him.

He hasnt made up his mind yet but there is a small chance that he will stay. Heres hoping.

Also after a lot of interest from Sligo Chrissy Breen has announced that he is staying.

Martin Laughlan was also released and returns to Scotland.

Derek Tracey - 15plus years in a rovers jersey

• Advertisement
Advertisement