Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Neale Fenn is reported to have agreed terms to move to the Big Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SectionF wrote:
    Neale Fenn is reported to have agreed terms to move to the Big Club.

Always went with the idea that say othing till you see them on the pitch in the jersey, hes been touting himself to anyone who can afford him.

Possibly a good signing or the 1st of many bad ones.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

We need a 20goal a season striker to play alongside him, hes a great signing if we do, fantastic linkup player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

what's with Cork selling all their players eh :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He hasnt signed yet!

Gotta a receipt 'ave ya!

but you said!

Saids no good mate.

Fenn is a great link man. Most down at the Cross will agree, Premiership touch, Conference Pace.

• Advertisement

Mansaram Maguire (off pats) are 2 i have heard you trying to get.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Premiership touch, Conference Pace.
    Quality :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaCL - I think you should rename the thread back. ;) There was me thinking we had a 23 pager on Neale Fenn.

Well that merge went tits up.

kdjac

yeah the C panel is ****ed, so 23 pages of neale feen being a bohemian

well done

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I was quite impressed with the 6.000+ views... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Terms agreed, but he has signed nada.

Bohs are welcome to him if he turns down Citys new deal. You can get deatils of that from the usual number.

Fact is, Fenn is a striker who neither scores, nor provides any opportunitys for his fellow stikers to score. He is well paid, but I fail to see what he actually brings to the team. If the 'Big Club' want him, then, take him.

Good to see that the rest of the forum think of this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

gimmick wrote:

Bohs are welcome to him if he turns down Citys new deal. You can get deatils of that from the usual number.

Fact is, Fenn is a striker who neither scores, nor provides any opportunitys for his fellow stikers to score. He is well paid, but I fail to see what he actually brings to the team. If the 'Big Club' want him, then, take him.

What new deal? From what I've heard Cork asked him to wait till the end of the season to see what sort of a contract they could offer him.

You heard wrong. A deal is on the table for him.

He doesn't particularly want to leave Cork, but his hand may be forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

gimmick wrote:

He gets the ball, he does **** all, it's Neil Fenn, Neil Fenn..... etc

But honestly, Ive never rated him as a player especially when he played for Waterford. I agree with your assessment of him ( ;) ) Even last night against Waterford he was poor, sure he got a goal 10 mins from the end, But where was he for the rest of the game??? Very poor, over paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

gimmick wrote:

Best control and passer in the league is Neil Fenn. And we are going to leave him leave on a free.:rolleyes:

You talk some sh1te Gimmick.

Lets look at the FACTS here - Fenn is on abbout €2k a week, after tax. That doesnt include his bonuses. He has scored 5 goals this season. He has created about 4 direct assists.

CCFC cannot afford to have a player take that much money when the return is so poor. Sure, he played ok last night, in fits and spurts. He done well against Sligo 2 weeks ago. But against Bray? Longford? Bohs? UCD? nowhere to be seen. His goal scoring record with City has been abysmal since joining us.

Now, City are not 'letting' him walk away, there is a deal in place for him. The question which remains is, does he want to sign it?

I would be happy if he did sign the new deal. I wouldnt be happy if he signed a new deal on his current money. The unfortunate fact is, as things stand at this moment in time, Fenns wages are too high.

And I agree, he has great control and vision.

As for my original post, perhaps I was a tad harsh. Stupid drunken posting.

Advertisement