Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Rumour on foot.ie Shels have signed Dillon from Longford. Don't know if it's true but it's no secret we've been after him for a while.

Excellent signing if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ROVERS UNVEIL NEW SIGNINGS

Shamrock Rovers manager, Pat Scully,
    has confirmed to a press conference the
    signing of David Cassidy and Aidan
    Price
    from Kilkenny City.

Price will be the club captain next
    season as the club attempt to earn
    promotion to the Premier Division.

Scully also confirmed that senior
    players Derek Tracy, Trevor Molloy and
    Rovers' player of the year Barry Murphy
    will all be staying with the club.

Rovers also announced partnerships with
    Woodies DIY and shirt sponsor, Umbro,
    and have welcomed yesterday's news
    regarding Tallaght stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

James Keddy has signed for Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

blu_sonic wrote:
    Derek Tracey - 15plus years in a rovers jersey

The word legend is too easily used but Derek is definitely one. Saw his debut in February 1989 so next season will be his 17th year in the green and white. Had lucrative offers from lesser clubs over the years but remained committed.

Gimmick there is no loyalty with players, Derek excepted. It's just a job for them and it's not just a Dublin thing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    ROVERS UNVEIL NEW SIGNINGS

Shamrock Rovers manager, Pat Scully,
    has confirmed to a press conference the
    signing of David Cassidy and Aidan
    Price
    from Kilkenny City.
    Is that the David Cassidy that was with Derby? If so, he's from Ringsend and one of a good few young players from Ringsend/Pearse Street that Kilkenny took on their books. Was it Scully that signed them for Kilkenny in the first place?

eirebhoy wrote:
    Is that the David Cassidy that was with Derby? If so, he's from Ringsend and one of a good few young players from Ringsend/Pearse Street that Kilkenny took on their books. Was it Scully that signed them for Kilkenny in the first place?

Yeah it is the same guy, he's an under 19 cap. He was on signed on a free for KKFC last summer by Scully (afaik).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

John Gill has made two further additions with the signings of two promising young players from St Pats: Christopher Doran and Conor McMahon.

Sarge wrote:
    John Gill has made two further additions with the signings of two promising young players from St Pats: Christopher Doran and Conor McMahon.

As far as I can remember, Christy Doran came on against Shels at Tolka. Maybe I'm wrong though. Clearly didn't make much of an impact on me!

Maybe KdjaC is in a better position to judge than I am. Are they loan signings or 'permanent' (not a very suitable word in this league I know)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Firstly, how in names of Jaysus are Bohs paying Hunt 1800 a week?

Secondly...was it The Star today saying Bohs have settled their tax bill thus allowing Farrelly to get going in the transfer market?

He'd want to get the finger out and bring in some decent players or he'll be out on his ear. He's not going to get anywhere with the players he has there

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    As far as I can remember, Christy Doran came on against Shels at Tolka. Maybe I'm wrong though. Clearly didn't make much of an impact on me!

Maybe KdjaC is in a better position to judge than I am. Are they loan signings or 'permanent' (not a very suitable word in this league I know)?

perm signings , id like feedback :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Think Doran played as a sub before other guy never played for 1st team. Dunno if its a loan or not.

Gimmick thats an easy question, the best players always come from Dublin so usually live there and have jobs there hence staying there, unless Cork or...... well thats it as far as getting decent money goes outside Dublin. And even then its not like Cork are forever rolling in it. So players switch clubs in Dublin usually for money reasons.

kdjac

Robbie Clarke signed for Rovers from Kildare has been disowned by his brother and father, proper order :D

Good player tho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking likely that Liam Kearney is off to Heerenveen on a 6 month contract.

John O Flynn to Swansea :rolleyes: . If he goes, it will look like he has rode the club, after they paying his medical bills and wages for the last few years, the minute he is fully fit, he fecks off. Good riddance.

Interesting to see how they will be replaced.

Edit: Just heard that Rico is speaking with Eamonn Zayed, and the rumour doing the rounds here as well is that Karel Poborky could be on his way Leeside also, though I would take the latter as wild speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gimmick wrote:
    Edit: Just heard that Rico is speaking with Eamonn Zayed, and the rumour doing the rounds here as well is that Karel Poborky could be on his way Leeside also, though I would take the latter as wild speculation.
    While it might be wild speculation, Poborsky is playing in a much weaker league to the EL atm so I wouldn't rule it out.

gimmick wrote:
    Looking likely that Liam Kearney is off to Heerenveen on a 6 month contract.

John O Flynn to Swansea :rolleyes: . If he goes, it will look like he has rode the club, after they paying his medical bills and wages for the last few years, the minute he is fully fit, he fecks off. Good riddance.

Interesting to see how they will be replaced.

Some wild stories there! Totally agree about O'Flynn, pretty soul-less behaviour on his part (if true).

• Advertisement

Well the 2 boys have decided not to sign new contracts, and are now officially free agents. Screw the pair of them, they will be back on their bellies within a year.

I wish them nothing but bad luck, and lots of time on the bench.

Mark Quigley played for millwall last season signing for Pats.
    19 year old stiker/midfielder (god i hate your either one or the other and being the latter is not an excuse to miss every chance you get)

Guess Robbie Doyle is going then :(
    I wish them nothing but bad luck, and lots of time on the bench.
    :0
    But they played well for you well Kearney did.

kdjac

O'Flynn is no loss, Kearney on the other hand will be a big one. Cork already needed to replace O'Flynn imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Great signing for Swansea and a great move for O'Flynn.
    Next season he will be playing for a massive club with hugh support in a brand new stadium, he will be part of a setup that is going places, playing against much better clubs in the championship and will (if he proves he is good enough for the step up) be challanging for an irish squad place.

Good luck to him.

It is far from a great signing for Swansea if they're looking to get promoted and do well and if O'Flynn can play for Ireland so can I imo. He's not half the player he was before his injury, like I said I'd have been looking to replace him anyway if I was Cork, they badly lack a 20 goal a season striker.

• Advertisement

Very true. It will be interesting to see how the Zayed situation develops. I wonder what % sell-on clause Bray are looking for :p.

Yeah, Cork will be praying Shels don't sell Byrne then, so Bray will be more likely to accept a bid for him.

Seaneh wrote:

Flynn has not signed for Swansea, or for anyone else for that matter. Swansea have not offered him a contract.

Fact is, Flynn is going over to UK in order to find a club. He may yet sign for Swansea, but equally, he could end up at Orient, or someother small club.
    Slash/ED wrote:
    O'Flynn is no loss, Kearney on the other hand will be a big one. Cork already needed to replace O'Flynn imo.

He is a loss, no doubt. if even from a morale point of view. Kearney, while Id rather have not lost him, was piss poor for the last few months of the season, the Derry game aside.

If their hearts werent in it, and if they didnt have any love for Cork City, the club which has made them what they are, screw them. I know I only want players who are 100% behind City. Flynn and Kearney could learn alot from Danny Murphy and dan Murray, two English boys who would go to hell and back for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Seaneh wrote:
    Next season he will be playing for a massive club with hugh support in a brand new stadium, he will be part of a setup that is going places, playing against much better clubs in the championship and will (if he proves he is good enough for the step up) be challanging for an irish squad place.

Good luck to him.

not much european footy for them next yearthough, whereas cork might be the 1st into the group stages given that teams euro experience/league form/determination/support/manager/guts/goalkeeper/standard of play

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd sacrafice a few Euro games for the chance to play regularly at stadia like St. Marys, Hilsborough, Loftus Road, Elland Road, The Stadium of light, against clubs like Sunderland, Southampton, QPR, sheff wed and Leeds any day.

Like I said before, Swansea are a massive club with a massive fanbase who are going places, I'd give it 5 years tops before they are in the premiership, they have young players like Leon Britton who can take them thier and I reckon O'Flynn would be a major assit to them in the Championship next year.

And as a matter of fact, Swansea have offered him a contract.
    His trial was a major sucess for both him and the club.

Trevor Vaughan, voted Player of the Year in 2004, has returned to Oriel Park.

Crowe holding talks with Linfield

Glen Crowe is a target for David Jeffrey and Linfield
    Shelbourne striker Glen Crowe has held talks with Linfield manager David Jeffrey regarding a possible move to Windsor Park, BBC Sport understands.

Shels manager Pat Fenlon is likely to make the forward available to other clubs after he endured a disappointing season for the Tolka Park outfit.

The Blues have been on the lookout for a fourth striker and Crowe has been on their wanted list for some time.

Any move is set to be completed in the forthcoming January transfer window.

Meanwhile it is believed that Crewe Alexandra will not be pursuing their interest in Linfield striker Peter Thompson, even though they have watched him on several occasions this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/4547612.stm

Since then, this has come out though...
    Jeffrey denies a move for Crowe

Linfield boss David Jeffrey has denied reports that he has held talks with Shelbourne striker Glen Crowe on a possible move to Windsor Park.

"I don't know where that came from," said Jeffrey. "It's absolutely not true.

"We had an interest last summer when he was at Bohemians, but he signed for Shelbourne."

Jeffrey also said that he has had "heard nothing" from Greta regarding an approach for striker Peter Thompson.

Linfield boss David Jeffrey has denied reports that he has held talks with Shelbourne striker Glen Crowe on a possible move to Windsor Park.

"I don't know where that came from," said Jeffrey. "It's absolutely not true.

"We had an interest last summer when he was at Bohemians, but he signed for Shelbourne."

Jeffrey also said that he has had "heard nothing" from Greta regarding an approach for striker Peter Thompson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/4548254.stm

Don't see how Linfield could afford him tbh.

Word down here is that City are to sign Ollie Cahill from Shels :(

That would certinaly be interesting to say the least. Ollie is only a squad player here so I wouldn't hold it against him if he left, though he made a suprisingly excellent left back which we'd need to find a replacement for but I think with Dillon who we're trying to sign we'd be doing just that with either him there or move Rogers to left back.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Word down here is that City are to sign Ollie Cahill from Shels :(

Judas! :D:p

So who are Shels getting? Fitzpatrcik gone, Byrne allowed if price is right , Crowe possibly.

Must have someone lined up, Crouch???

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nikola Zigic. One would wish anyways. ;)
    Ollie wouldn't be a great loss, though the left back role has suited him nicely. If we sign Dillon we'd have no real need for him, unless we let Moore go and need a spare left winger, so to speak. Don't think Crowe will be allowed to leave, unless we have someone special lined up. Foran to come back? :D

http://www.elevenaside.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=20561

Drogs manage to keep Bradley away from Reading, and Fulham. Fantastic news! :)

http://www.elevenaside.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=20561

More Drogheda news; denying claims that they are after Steve McManaman. Lol :D

Macca to the eircom league, there's a sign of silly season hitting the papers if you ever needed one

Theres a story that originated in a pub if ever I've heard one.

Not surprisingly its only covered by The Sun.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Theres a story that originated in a pub if ever I've heard one.

Not surprisingly its only covered by The Sun.

Written by a hack at an Xmas party in the same said pub.....can anyone even propose a reason why Macca would even consider playing football again let alone spending his Friday night's togging out agaist Sligo Rovers and the like

Trevor Molloy resigns for pats after being let go by Rovers? Pats havent confirmed it yet or denied it. maybe we will get his 2nd decent season seeing as we the only ones to get one decent season from him.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

heard T Molloy might be on his way down here...

• Advertisement

Roar wrote:
    heard T Molloy might be on his way down here...

If he goes to you then hes played for every league winning team in the last 10 years. Not really arsed if he comes to us Doyle is gone, if not Doyle may stay so would prefer to see him with you. Also the fact hes been fairly **** for 9 years doesnt help :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I heard Molloy signed a new contract for Rovers a week or two ago. Maybe it fell through.

^ Same here.

Regarding Citym Pavel Fort and Martin Cernoch of Slavia Prague have both been linked. Sean Prunty of Longford is seen as Kearneys replacement, though I have heard he signed a new deal with the shameful boring ones.

Eamonn Zayed, and Dom Foley are also in the picture. As is Ipswichs Cathal Lordan, though this could be simply a loan deal.

Of all the names there, I just hope Foley never wears a City shirt, ever. Though I honestly reckon Citys new signing come the seasons start will be Lordan and Foley :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

http://www.shelbournefc.com/news.php?id=215

Apparently Livingstone have offered 200k for Hoolahan. They can shove that cash up their hole.... an insult of an ''offer''.

Jayo looks certain to go. The move was never called off in the first place.

:(

Thats shocking wtf is going on over there :D

kdjac

I actually heard Shels accepted that offer???

That makes Byrne, Hoolahan and Crowe out? Possibly Cahill also.

• Advertisement

Crowe wont go.

200,000 for Hoolahan would be a joke.

Its a sad day for Irish football if Wes Hoolahan leaves Shels. Even sadder if its for €200k.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Its a sad day for Irish football if Wes Hoolahan leaves Shels. Even sadder if its for €200k.

Even sadder still if it's to Livingston, second bottom of the SPL

MrJoeSoap wrote:

But he will get more money and play in better stadiums yeah ? Not really a sad day for him.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    But he will get more money and play in better stadiums yeah ? Not really a sad day for him.

kdjac
    Not a sad day for him, at all, and I wish him the best. But as someone who supports Shels, and revel in watching his peformances, I'm gutted. Not like that money'll allow us to buy a worthy replacement for him either! :( Or Jayo, and we NEED another striker if he goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement