Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ndo back to Pats gets funnier every time I hear it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Slash/ED wrote:

Im told he will be getting a % of their jersey sales as part of his wages which will make him the highest paid player in Irish football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slash/ED wrote:

Denial is a river in africa ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Don't think it runs through Cameroon though.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Don't think it runs through Cameroon though.

But the Camac may.....ba dum .....i`ll get me coat.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    If we sell Jayo Wes and Ndo I will personally hunt down Ollie Byrne and castrate the git.

d.i.t.t.o!

d.i.t.t.o!

We'd have an army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No news from the Shelbourne camp on this, and thats after asking someone in the know, so I'm happy enough for the time being. Ollie be warned, your balls are a luxury for the time being... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Anyone have any idea what the craic is with Dillon and Shels? I really need something to cheer me up with what's going down at Tolka at the mo'

Is it a case of waiting until the Jayo/Wes cash comes through (or if it comes through)?

The story seems to be Longford will accept a player in return for Dillon, but all our players who have been offered want too much money from them. Or something to that effect. Apparently Drogs are waiting in the wings with cash to pry him away, so I hope to God we can sort it out soon - he'd be a fantastic signing! :D

• Advertisement

Anyone got £1200 a week for a 35 year old?
    Vinny Arkins, the Irish League's most prolific goalscorer over the last decade, is to leave Portadown.

The 35-year-old has been told by Ports manager Ronnie McFall that he is free to leave Shamrock Park during the transfer window in January.

Arkins joined Portadown in January 1997 having previously played for Notts County, Dundee United and several clubs in the Republic of Ireland.

Four Eircom League clubs have already contacted Portadown about the player.

Arkins has revealed he has spoken to Longford Town manager Alan Mathews and that he wanted to get a move sorted out as quickly as possible.

McFall paid tribute to a player who had served Portadown so well.

"Vinny's record speaks for itself and when you lose such an outstanding player it is a problem finding a replacement," said the Ports boss.

The Dublin-based striker scored 248 goals in his Portadown career.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/4566104.stm

We could do with him if he was a lot cheaper and with Armstrong out for a while and Doyles fate undecided he would be a quick shorterm fix, one thing no matter where he goes he will get goals this season if hes arsed.

kdjac

Dillion to Shels is reportedly a done deal. He certinaly wont be at Longford next season anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Vinny Arkins is in talk with dundalk.

Sarge wrote:
    Vinny Arkins is in talk with dundalk.

Cant see him wanting less than €600 be an expensive player to have in the 1st Div but would score at least a million down there.

kdjac

Isn't Dundalks pitch earning them a handy regular supply of money? Still doubt they could get him though.

KdjaC wrote:
    Cant see him wanting less than €600 be an expensive player to have in the 1st Div but would score at least a million down there.

kdjac

I remember saying the same thing about , eh gary haylock , stephen geoghan , dessie gorham and now vinny arkins, i actually hope we dont sign him.

Well at least Haylock won you a cup, I certinaly expected alot more from Geogho in his season down there.

Haylock played something like 30+ games for dundalk and only scored 9 goals including the 2 in the cup his record was terrible for a player "ten times better then anyone in the division"

The Jason Byrne move is off, he seems to have called it himself. Good to see.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=220

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

shamrock Rovers Players signed so far for season 2006:
    Barry Murphy, Trevor Molloy, Derek Treacy, Cathal O'Connor, Gareth Cooney, Jamie Duffy, Robbie Shields, Paul Connaughton, John McGuinness, Sean Kelly, Robbie Clarke, David Cassidy, Aidan Price, Ray Kenny.

just to point out some of these are contract renewals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Kevin McHugh has signed for Derry

http://www.derrycityfc.net/displaystory.php?storyid=349

Colin Patrick O Brien to Cobh Ramblers after his little 'sabbatical'.

Rumours that Alan Reynolds could be on his way to Queenstown also.

That Poborsky story got the guts of a page in the Evening Herald last night.

McHugh to Derry is no real surprise.

^ What did they say?

Just basically said that Richardson (on holiday in Africa atm) had denied the rumours and refused to comment any further (probably off hunting lions or something). There was also something about him being interested in scouting Eastern Europe and two guys off Sparta Prague were mentioned. Then it went on to list some of the foreigners playing in the league.

I'll try get a picture of the article up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

gimmick wrote:
    Kevin McHugh has signed for Derry

The judas. I remember him crawling around on his hands and knees pretending to be a greyhound in the brandywell after he scored an equaliser in the playoff final between Derry and Harps 2 years ago. He has said plenty of times in the past that he would never join Derry.

He was a Harps legend and then he goes to our biggest rivals. A sad day.

I know he couldnt be expected to spend another season in the first division but he had as good an offer from Linfield, Portadown and Sligo.

Harps have signed Stephen O Donnell from Sligo and David Bell from Pats.

j22, travel distance was a large factor in his decision apparently, hence why he turned down Bohemians. Could you not say thanks for the memories and wish him well? :) He has done alot for that club, you could have lost him years ago but he rather amicably stayed on.

Lee Roche Ex Glens/Rovers signs for Pats...jesus we seem to be a refuge for homeless immigants.

Kevin "the king" Doyle signs for Pats!!

Set to play Elvis in a fundraiser in the Spa hotel
    THE KING LINKS UP WITH THE SAINTS

St. Patrick’s Ath are delighted to announce that Kevin Doyle will play his hugely successful show “Elvis The Way It Was”. Kevin will play the benefit gig for the Saints on Saturday February 11th at the Lucan SPA Hotel. Kevin Doyle will be joined by the 14 piece ‘Way It Was’ orchestra. Tickets priced €25 which includes a four course meal are available from the club office or by contacting the Ticket Hotline 4546332

HI GUYS AND DOLLS
    As you can see the King has agreed to perform for the Saints. I ask all supporters to buy a ticket and spread the word. This is the first event of 2006 so I would be delighted if all supporters would get behind this event.

Guess his Cork thing was just a blip on his career.

:D

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The story with Arkins is this.

Longford are in the advanced staged of signing him (he is even looking for a house in athlone/longford).

If he signs longford are releasing Andy Myler.
    If Myler is released he is going back to Athlone and has already agreed a contract and the club are currently house hunting for him.

I can't say where I got the info from but it is very reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Oh yeah, Athlone signed another Sligo player.
    Stephen Mullins is coming home.

Re McHugh. He looks every bit the deadly striker alright

http://members.boards.ie/gimmick/mchugh.jpg

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    j22, travel distance was a large factor in his decision apparently, hence why he turned down Bohemians. Could you not say thanks for the memories and wish him well? :) He has done alot for that club, you could have lost him years ago but he rather amicably stayed on.

Portadown is only an hour away from Mc Hugh, Sligo omly an hour and a half. Of course Im annoyed that hes gone but it makes it 10 times that he joined Derry, our nearesy and dearest rivals.

j22 wrote:
    Portadown is only an hour away from Mc Hugh, Sligo omly an hour and a half. Of course Im annoyed that hes gone but it makes it 10 times that he joined Derry, our nearesy and dearest rivals.

Exactly, nearest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Any word on Bohs bringing in anyone?

Know they were after Glen Fitzpatrick, now that Byrne is staying at Shels I presume it could be a runner.

Farrelly's going to be under severe pressure if he doesn't get the finger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

damienom wrote:

Know they were after Glen Fitzpatrick, now that Byrne is staying at Shels I presume it could be a runner.

PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians
    In -
    Barry Ferguson
    Stephen O'Brien (both Longford)
    Jason McGuinness (Shamrock Rovers)
    Out -
    Terry Palmer
    Shay Kelly (all released)
    James Keddy (Drogheda)
    Ken Oman (Derry)

http://www.foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=32075

• Advertisement

damienom wrote:

Glen Fitzpatrick signed for Drogheda a few weeks ago. Fantastic signing for them, I really feel Nutsy underestimated him as a player, more of a creator and a scorer. He'll easily create 20 goals a season for O'Brien this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

david breen is going from waterford and is goin to cobh ramblers

billyboy will be gone about a week before the season starts, going to pats

blu_sonic wrote:
    billyboy will be gone about a week before the season starts, going to pats

He has gone full circle now so.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    He has gone full circle now so.

Started with Rovers then Athlone then us then Bohs....then other places.
    Scully hates him so was never gonna be with Rovers next season, we giving him 4 a week alledgley.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    other places

Shels for a spell... :v:

KdjaC wrote:
    Scully hates him so was never gonna be with Rovers next season, we giving him 4 a week alledgley.

Even if you mean 4 euro you're over paying.

Slash/ED wrote:
    Even if you mean 4 euro you're over paying.

Sorry its 4 bags of smack thought that was obvious.

kdjac

Shelbourne sign Sean Dillon. www.shelbournefc.ie

Mods: Can we have this as a sticky please? Would be useful.

Vinny arkins , signs for bohs

Sweet, good news all round. We get Dillon, Bohs flush money down the toilet on a past it striker.

Arkins will score anywhere if hes arsed, he lives in the 6 yard box and just heads stuff in.

Longford signed Kevin Doherty I think.

kdjac

Great signing for Longford. Bohs will be interesting next season to say the least!! :D

Niall Hudson
    Dundalk have completed the signing of Niall Hudson. Niall is one week shy of his 24th birthday and can play in both fullback positions or in midfield. The former Under-16 and Under-18 Irish international started his career as a trainee at Nottingham Forest before having spells with Halifax and Burton Albion. Niall has played with John Gill before at Dublin City before moving back across the water to England.

this sould be a sticky look at the other transfere thread its kinda uk based

• Advertisement
Advertisement