Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Stephen Grant is still a target for Rico according to some rumours.

He is on par with Kearney anyway IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone have signed Ian Rossitter from sligo... I see a patren developing here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pats signed Waterford Captain Dave Mulcahy.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=589

nasty player from what i recall.....great we needed one of them :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Finn Harps sign Stephen O'Donnell from Sliogo Rovers Reserves and David Bell from St Pats reserves.

I have noticed an anti-eircom slant among the moderators here, this should certainly be a sticky and the other transfer rumours thread should be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Talk around Waterford is that dolan will take over at Limerick, wants to bring Packie Holden, Pat Purcell, Colm Heffernan, Kevin Waters & Vinny Sullivan with him from the blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

finnpark wrote:
    this should certainly be a sticky and the other transfer rumours thread should be removed.

They should be seperate really, as people won't want to trawl through pages of English news to read EL news. Likewise you'll get some smartass mouthing off about how does an EL transfer rumour effect anyone and be worthy of a mention ;) It's been asked to be stickified before though, just assume noones read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

finnpark wrote:
    I have noticed an anti-eircom slant among the moderators here, this should certainly be a sticky and the other transfer rumours thread should be removed.

In fairness the mods are pretty fair here and do a great job, they probably just haven’t read through the thread, in fairness I think it is well worth a sticky, but it’s for the powers that be to decide.

On another note I see that the odds for the forth-coming season have been released and there is some very interesting money bets there.

So here they are:
    Premier division:                                        
    Shelbourne 	           13/8                  
    Cork 	                       9/4 	                  
    Derry C. 	           7/2 	                       
    Drogheda Utd 	           12/1 	          
    Bohemians 	           14/1 	                
    Longford Town 	33/1 	                              
    St Patrick's Athletic 	33/1 	                        
    Bray Wanderers 	50/1 	                                
    Waterford Utd 	50/1 	                                 
    Sligo Rovers 	            50/1 	                   
    Ucd 	                        66/1 	
    Dublin City 	            66/1

1st division:
    Shamrock Rovers 15/8 
    Finn Harps 4/1 
    Cobh Ramblers 5/1 
    Dundalk 6/1 
    Kilkenny City 13/2 
    Galway 10/1
    Limerick 16/1
    Kildare County 25/1
    Monaghan Utd 33/1
    Athlone 50/1

I don’t think that there is any major surprise that Shelbourne and Shamrock rovers are favourites respectively, but I know im biased but I really cant see past Dundalk for the first division its so long where ive been this optimistic about a up and coming season. Im getting heavy withdrawals I went and watched newry play not so long ago!
    For the premier division im going for a Derry, the reason been i feel this is where the value for money betting comes in and with the addition to their added fire power up front will prove to be a fantastic signing.

So my double this season will be Derry and dundalk :)

Ok, so the TV coverage for eircom isn’t great but hey it getting better all the time, and the future is bright. But when you actually go on to the Rte website and see the rubbish reviews they have for some of the clubs for the forthcoming season, they are so wrong.
    Have a look for yourself here:

premierdivision
    firstdivision

Reading these reviews especially the first division one, I think we just have a lazy journalist on our hands here, by automatically picking shamrock rovers because of their name. Also for all you complete buffs it has Richmond Park as their home ground. Sure it doesn’t matter anyway it’s only the first division (sarcasm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Amazingly Rico has stated he cannot find any players good enough (afforadable enough) to add to Citys squad.

If true, the title will not be returning to Leeside next November. The City squad is thread bare as it is.

Would suspect that it will be a 2 horse race in premier between Shels and Cork, Drogheda could be surprise - don't fancy Derry as surprise is now gone from them and in my opinion they are over rated.

The 1st divison seems pretty straight forward for Shamrock Rovers, not sure what Cobh are like but Galway Utited could be the surprise package. They started training weeks ago already for next season and with Levine and Alan Murphy up front they will surely make top 3 minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

finnpark wrote:
    don't fancy Derry as surprise is now gone from them and in my opinion they are over rated.

Wouldn't have anything to do with your allegiance would it?

How are Derry "over-rated" exactly?

finnpark wrote:
    The 1st divison seems pretty straight forward for Shamrock Rovers, not sure what Cobh are like but Galway Utited could be the surprise package. They started training weeks ago already for next season and with Levine and Alan Murphy up front they will surely make top 3 minimum.

I'll take any bet here that rovers will not win the first division this year, When we went down we brought some great players down with us. This does not give you a divine right to be in the premier division, the first division is a totally different league then the premier division. You need to battle for everything, very rarely does the opposition allow you to play football and I think rovers will struggle to adjust to this, when we first went down all the first division clubs when they played us they played like it was a cup match, this is what rovers will have to put up with. Rovers WILL NOT WIN THE LEAGUE!

On another note did Dundalk’s ex player Alan Murphy sign for Galway? Over rated player did noting at oriel. He is also Lazy in training as well.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Wouldn't have anything to do with your allegiance would it?

How are Derry "over-rated" exactly?

In fairness they got their fair share of luck throughout the season. How many times did they scrape through with that lategoal and that 1-0 victory. All allegiance aside they don't really play on the same level as the top 2. Mark Farren player of the year - don't make me laugh. Can't see them past mid table this season to be honest, a bit of a flash in the pan last year.

Derry next season are a great bet with the addition of Kevin McHugh up front to provide extra fire power up front, I think that Stephen Kenny will bring them to the next level. I have in-fact put my own money on them wining the league this year; they have a fantastic squad and also will have Patrick mcCourt with them from the start of the season, which they didn’t have last season. They are in no way over-rated and you talk about they had their share of luck you need that in soccer.Its a game you need luck along the way.
    finnpark wrote:
    Can't see them past mid table this season to be honest, a bit of a flash in the pan last year.

I’ll take whatever money you want to lay on this happening , Derry WILL finish top 3 this season and I really think that they will win it.

finnpark wrote:
    In fairness they got their fair share of luck throughout the season. How many times did they scrape through with that lategoal and that 1-0 victory. All allegiance aside they don't really play on the same level as the top 2. Mark Farren player of the year - don't make me laugh. Can't see them past mid table this season to be honest, a bit of a flash in the pan last year.

League Cup winners and FAI Cup Semi-Finalists too dont forget. Theres little or no difference between a last minute 1-0 and a first minute 1-0, I think you aren't giving Derry enough credit.

I picked Farren for player of the year myself, thought he was excellent every time Shels played Derry.

Sarge wrote:
    On another note did Dundalk’s ex player Alan Murphy sign for Galway? Over rated player did noting at oriel. He is also Lazy in training as well.

Different Murphy, Galway signed him back from Derry City. Excellent striker, better than McHugh and should easily finish top scorer in 1st Div.

Rovers are no great shakes I know but really the opposition is simply not there to oppose them. As a harps fan myself I cant see do much for a few years to be honest, our team is falling apart.

• Advertisement

Personally I thought Derry's late winners were more down to hard work and determination, although it may not have been part of the game plan to score that late, to keep themselves going like that and to pick up those 3 points when only 1 was on the cards appears more as the sign of a great, developing, team rather than a lucky team. It's not as if they spent most of those games on the back foot and fluked it, I think this season with the added firepower we will see more and convincing victories from the Candystripes.

Firstly Id like to pint out that I Pm a mod to ask for the thread to be become a sticky, he never replied but he did make it a sticky :)
    finnpark wrote:
    Different Murphy, Galway signed him back from Derry City. Excellent striker, better than McHugh and should easily finish top scorer in 1st Div.Rovers are no great shakes I know but really the opposition is simply not there to oppose them. As a harps fan myself I cant see do much for a few years to be honest, our team is falling apart.

I know the first division backwards and there is no way that im going to listen to any hype about any player scoring all the goals in the division, I had that with Stephen geogahan , Garry haylock and a few others . The Fact the last few years is that the division is very inconsistent and its anyone’s division really

You must of completely missed my point about shamrock rovers? They are still recognised as a giant of the Irish league to everyone, so every team playing them in the first division will be playing against them as if it was a cup match. I had the exact same thing with Dundalk FC. They will not walk this division FACT!!!

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Personally I thought Derry's late winners were more down to hard work and determination, although it may not have been part of the game plan to score that late, to keep themselves going like that and to pick up those 3 points when only 1 was on the cards appears more as the sign of a great, developing, team rather than a lucky team. It's not as if they spent most of those games on the back foot and fluked it, I think this season with the added firepower we will see more and convincing victories from the Candystripes.

Just to add to this, basically this is exactly what i said in my previous posts, I think that Stephen Kenny will bring Derry to the next level and they will not fall at the last hurdle again, you have to remember the players are also out for revenge.

Derrys season starts in Febuary and ends in March. They will be a better team in the league but whether it works out for success i dont know. But Derry - Linfield is their season and i honestly hope to god they stuff them and im glad its a decent Derry team that gets the chance to play the team who got them fcuked out of the Irish league :D

And Pats will be 4th, we needed 3 things a decent Cb to cover Maguire and Foley a fit Striker and some midfielders who like to hurt people and play ball. Think we covered that below and cut a few players from the wages....oh happy days footballs nearly back ;)
    St Patrick's Athletic
    In -
    Mark Quigley
    Mark Rutherford (both Shamrock Rovers)
    Anto Murphy (UCD)
    Lee Roche (Glentoran)
    Dave Mulcahy (Waterford)
    Joey Ndo soon oh yes soon!!!!
    Out -
    Christopher Doran
    Conor McMahon (both Dundalk)
    Barry Prenderville
    Paul Donnelly (both released)
    Eoghan O'Shea
    Darren Sargent
    Robbie Smith (all Monaghan)
    http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=32862

And when i win Euro Millions on Fri they will have 20 million to get into CL in 5 years :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

finnpark wrote:
    Top 2? Are you sure you don't mean the teams which finished 1st and 3rd last year?

• Advertisement

Apparently Liam Kearney is set to sign for Shelbourne today. Fee to be decided by a tribunal after he rejected a better contract there, and left on a free transfer while under the age of 23.

Apparently.

^ All true. Little shít said he would never leave City for another eL club, and what does he do? He is in good company anyways with Reynolds and Cahill. I already cant wait for his welcome to the Cross!

Good signing for Shels if true, goes some of the way to lessening the Hoolahan blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Fenlon's doing a webchat tonight on the Shels site, I can't copy and paste his answer but he was asked about Kearney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What the hell is Kearney thinking.

Why is he going to Shels?

He will have Champions League, good crowds, his hometown club.

I don't get it.

I really don't understand.

It definately won't go down well if it goes through. I still live in hope that he will be at the cross next season.

What the hell is Kearney thinking.

Why is he going to Shels?

He will have Champions League, good crowds, his hometown club.

I don't get it.

I really don't understand.

It definately won't go down well if it goes through. I still live in hope that he will be at the cross next season.

€€€€€€€€€€

I really do love Gimmicks bitterness towards any player who leaves or even gets on a bus leaving Cork :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭radiospan

City fans were fuming when he was supposedly going to Heerenveen last month, they'll be livid if he goes to Shels.

The reason he is going is because Lennox blocked his 'big' move to Heerenveen. They offered €15k in compensation, but Lennox, rightly, wanted more.

The ConnaPrimadonna now has the hump, nad is supposedly joining Shels out of spite. The thing which worries me most about this, is that its looking likely again that Ollie Cahill will be going in the opposite direction.

Screw him, he wasnt a big part of Citys season anyway. His assists record was poor for a winger, scored 2 or 3 goals all season, and went missing for the from August to November, only resurfacing for the last game.

Never will a player be booed so loudly as he when he returns to Turners Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Shamrock Rovers
    In -
    John McGuinness
    Paul Connaughton
    Dave Cassidy
    Aidan Price (all Kilkenny)
    Gareth Cooney
    Robbis Shields
    Robbie Clarke
    Ray Kenny (all Kildare)
    Ray Scully (Dublin City)
    Seán Kelly (Monaghan)
    Graham O'Keeffe (Athlone)
    Out -
    Keith Doyle
    Gavin McDonnell (both Dublin City)
    Tony Sheridan
    Kieran Foley
    Keith O’Halloran (all released)
    Mark Quigley
    Mark Rutherford (both St Pat's)
    Jason McGuinness (Bohs)
    Willo McDonagh
    Lee Roche (both Glentoran)
    Brian Shelley (Drogheda)
    Mark Kenny (Ashtownvilla)

nicked from foot.ie lee roache is gone to pats having turned down glens trevor molloy will go too, just before the season starts due to pats not wanting to have to pay his pre-season wages (can't blame 'em)

Hope you had a read of Nutsy's webchat KdjaC:

"Can you quash rumours of Joey Ndo going to Pats?"...

His contract is till the end of the season. He certainly wont be leaving the club before then.

• Advertisement

:D Hell yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm personally not too keen on Kearney joining Shels (if it happens)

No doubt that the lad has ability but he seems to me to be very inconsistent and the last thing Shels need is more inconsistent players like Baker who will show up for one match and won't be at the dogs for the next.

The manner in which he has left Cork adds further uncertainty for me towards him.

Anyway smashing news that Joey Ndo WILL be still at Tolka next season...... now lets just hope Nutsy plays him!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hope you had a read of Nutsy's webchat KdjaC:

"Can you quash rumours of Joey Ndo going to Pats?"...

His contract is till the end of the season. He certainly wont be leaving the club before then.

Well rumours come from somewhere and seemingly he will be ours soon, we just dont like paying players during close season.

And isnt Fenlon the same guy who said Hoolahan wsnt going anywhere and figured in his plans.

/me dusts off the pats Ndo jersey :D

kdjac

Rumours can come from anywhere, like thin air, for example :)

Sure do you remember the karel poborsky rumour started here , and heard everywhere :)

KdjaC wrote:
    Well rumours come from somewhere and seemingly he will be ours soon, we just dont like paying players during close season.

And isnt Fenlon the same guy who said Hoolahan wsnt going anywhere and figured in his plans.

/me dusts off the pats Ndo jersey :D

kdjac

Keep hoping! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:

No.....

The Big man is back, and this time with a new challenge. Its a tougher challenge then he has ever faced before but I firmly believe that if anyone can turn Limerick FC fortunes are its BFP (Big Fat Pat) . What are people’s views on this one? Anyone think that he has order one more side order that he won’t finish?

The first division should be very interesting next season, you have the might rovers looking for a instant comeback, Finn harps who will also be looking to bounce right back up there, Dundalk with the fresh face and fresh side of John Gill and now we have Limerick with BFP and a consortium of local businessmen led by Danny Drew, who are willing to put money into the club.

For myself, this is going to be a tough test for Dundalk this season, but its do or die this season, regarding getting back into the premier division with talks about changing the league, we have to be up there. But who is going to be in second place :P

The return of the BFP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

in the echo today it says that kearney is training with shels, but has yet to sign a deal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

TOWN boss Michael O'Connor has made another close season signing, bringing Kevin Williamson into his squad.

The Tullamore native started last season with Galway United, but finished with Premier Division new boys Dublin City.

The left sided midfielder, who can also operate at left-back previously played with Bohemians Under-21's for two seasons, and currently attends Athlone Institute of Technology.

Alll the transfers so far.

PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians
    In -
    Barry Ferguson
    Stephen O'Brien (both Longford)
    Jason McGuinness (Shamrock Rovers)
    Vinny Arkins (Portadown)
    Out -
    Terry Palmer
    Shay Kelly (both released)
    James Keddy (Drogheda)
    Ken Oman (Derry)

Bray Wanderers
    In -
    Brian McGovern (Longford)
    Out -
    Rob Dunne (Dundalk)
    Robbie McGuinness (released)

Cork City
    In -
    Out -
    Greg O'Halloran (Shels)
    Liam Kearney (released)
    Willie Bruton
    Kevin Murray (both Cobh)

Derry City
    In -
    Ken Oman (Bohs)
    Kevin McHugh (Finn Harps)
    Out -
    Damien Brennan (Dublin City)
    Alan Murphy (Galway)
    Gerard Gill (released)
    Paddy McLaughlin (Institute)

Drogheda United
    In -
    Glen Fitzpatrick (Shels)
    James Keddy (Bohs)
    Brian Shelley (Shamrock Rovers)
    Out -
    Mark Rooney
    Stuart Malcolm
    Gary Rogers
    David Freeman (all Dublin City)
    Jermaine Sandvliet (released)

Dublin City
    In -
    Ger McCarthy (Dundalk)
    Keith Doyle
    Gavin McDonnell (both Shamrock Rovers)
    Damien Brennan (Derry)
    Paul Crowley (Waterford)
    Derek Pender (Shelbourne)
    Mark Rooney
    Stuart Malcolm
    Gary Rogers
    David Freeman (all Drogheda)
    Mick O'Donnell (UCD)
    Out -
    Alan Mulcahy
    Brendan Kennedy (both Kildare)
    Trevor Vaughan (Dundalk)
    Alan Kelly (Monaghan)
    Ray Scully (Shamrock Rovers)

Longford Town
    In -
    Kevin Doherty (Shels)
    Alan Murphy (Newry)
    Out -
    Barry Ferguson
    Stephen O'Brien (both Bohs)
    Eric Lavine (Galway)
    Seán Dillon (Shels)
    Brian McGovern (Bray)

St Patrick's Athletic
    In -
    Mark Quigley
    Mark Rutherford (both Shamrock Rovers)
    Anto Murphy (UCD)
    Lee Roche (Glentoran)
    Dave Mulcahy (Waterford)
    Out -
    Christopher Doran
    Conor McMahon (both Dundalk)
    Barry Prenderville
    Paul Donnelly (both released)
    Eoghan O'Shea
    Darren Sargent
    Robbie Smith (all Monaghan)

Shelbourne
    In -
    Greg O'Halloran (Cork)
    Seán Dillon (Longford)
    Out -
    Ger Rowe
    Curtis Fleming
    Hussain Yazdani (all released)
    Derek Pender (Dublin City)
    Glen Fitzpatrick (Drogheda)
    Alan Cawley (UCD)
    Wes Hoolahan (Livingston)
    Kevin Doherty (Longford)

Sligo Rovers
    In -
    Chris Turner (Derby County)
    Keith Foy (Monaghan)
    Out -
    Ciarán Foley
    Ryan O'Donnell (both Galway)
    Philip Gallagher
    Christopher Kelly
    Alan Flynn
    Carlos Alvarez (all released)
    Stephen O'Donnell (Finn Harps)
    Kupono Low (LA Galaxy)
    Ian Rossiter
    Jim Sheridan (both Athlone)
    Tim McCann (Linfield)
    Paul Brown (Ballymena)

UCD
    In -
    Alan Cawley (Shelbourne)
    Darragh Ryan (England)
    Out -
    Anto Murphy (St Pat's)
    Aidan Lynch
    Neil Gallagher* (both Dundalk)
    Liam Tiernan (released)
    Brian Gannon (Monaghan United)
    Mick O'Donnell (Dublin City)
    Damien Dupuy (Switzerland)

Waterford United
    In -
    Chris Deans (Dundalk)
    Out -
    Seán Finn (Dundalk)
    Paul Crowley (Dublin City)
    David Breen (Cobh)
    Rodney Jack (released)
    Dave Mulcahy (Pat's)
    Kevin Waters
    Pat Purcell (both Limerick)

FIRST DIVISION
    Athlone Town
    In -
    Colin Fortune (Galway)
    Robbie Forde (Corrib Celtic)
    Stephen Mullan (???)
    Ian Rossiter
    Jim Sheridan (both Sligo)
    Out -
    Austin Skelly
    Fiachra McArdle (both Dundalk)
    Stephen Gavin (Galway)
    Tadhg Murphy
    Alan O'Connor
    Michael McCann
    Peter Rogers (all released)
    Graeme O'Keeffe (Shamrock Rovers)

Cobh Ramblers
    In -
    Colin P O'Brien (Limerick)
    Willie Bruton
    Kevin Murray (both Cork City)
    Shane Barrett
    David Breen (Waterford)
    Out -
    Anthony Fennelly (released)

Dundalk
    In -
    Derek Griffin
    Philip Hughes (both Monaghan)
    Alan McDermott (Kildare)
    Rob Dunne (Bray)
    Austin Skelly
    Fiachra McArdle (both Athlone)
    Aidan Lynch
    Neil Gallagher* (both UCD)
    Christopher Doran
    Conor McMahon (Both St Pat's)
    Trevor Vaughan (Dublin City)
    Seán Finn (Waterford)
    Niall Hudson (Gresley Rovers, England)
    Out -
    Ger McCarthy (Dublin City)
    David McGeough (Monaghan)
    Stephen McGuinness
    Mickey O'Kane
    Bryan McCrystal
    Thomas Morgan
    Danny Woods
    Martin Smith
    Shane Jackson
    Aaron Shanahan
    Alan Murphy (all released)
    Chris Deans (Waterford)

Finn Harps
    In -
    Stephen O'Donnell (Sligo)
    Out -
    Paddy McGrenahan (Fanad United)
    Stephen Capper
    Martin Lauchlan
    Declan Boyle
    Gary Crossan (all released)
    Kevin McHugh (Derry)
    Eamonn Seydak (Institute)

Galway United
    In -
    Alan Murphy (Derry)
    Ciarán Foley
    Ryan O'Donnell (both Sligo)
    Stephen Gavin (Athlone)
    Eric Lavine (Longford)
    Out -
    Colin Fortune (Athlone)
    Dave Goldbey
    Mick Quirke (both released)
    Ryan Casey
    John Russell (both taking a year out)

Kildare County
    In -
    Brendan Kennedy (Dublin City)
    John Reilly
    Ian Malone (both Monaghan)
    Alan Mulcahy (Dublin City)
    Derek Delaney (Armagh City)
    Out -
    Alan McDermott (Dundalk)
    Gareth Cooney
    Robbie Clarke
    Robbie Shields
    Ray Kenny (all Shamrock Rovers)
    Shane Harte
    Kevin Cronin
    Andrew Cousins (all both Monaghan)

Kilkenny City
    In -
    Out -
    Paul Connaughton
    John McGuinness
    Dave Cassidy
    Aidan Price (all Shamrock Rovers)

Limerick FC
    In -
    Pat Purcell
    Keivn Waters (both Waterford)
    Out -
    Thomas McGauley (Armagh City)
    Colin P O'Brien (Cobh)
    John McGrath (Weymouth)

Monaghan United
    In -
    Brian Gannon (UCD)
    Kevin Cronin
    Shane Harte
    Andrew Cousins (all Kildare)
    David McGeough (Dundalk)
    Eoghan O'Shea
    Darren Sargent
    Robbie Smith (all St Pats)
    Paul Smyth (Ballinamallard)
    Out -
    Derek Griffin
    Philip Hughes (both Dundalk)
    Keith Foy (Sligo Rovers)
    John Reilly
    Ian Malone (both Kildare)
    Seán Kelly (Shamrock Rovers)

Shamrock Rovers
    In -
    John McGuinness
    Paul Connaughton
    Dave Cassidy
    Aidan Price (all Kilkenny)
    Gareth Cooney
    Robbis Shields
    Robbie Clarke
    Ray Kenny (all Kildare)
    Ray Scully (Dublin City)
    Seán Kelly (Monaghan)
    Graham O'Keeffe (Athlone)
    Out -
    Keith Doyle
    Gavin McDonnell (both Dublin City)
    Tony Sheridan
    Kieran Foley
    Keith O’Halloran (all released)
    Mark Quigley
    Mark Rutherford (both St Pat's)
    Jason McGuinness (Bohs)
    Willo McDonagh
    Lee Roche (both Glentoran)
    Brian Shelley (Drogheda)
    Mark Kenny (Ashtownvilla)

also players available here

Kearney and Shels are at a standstill. I believe the problem is money. Shels will have to pay a fee, possibly around €75k, to be decided at a tribunal, and Kearney will be wanting a high wage and signing on fee.

Shels are not meeting Kearneys demands, and presumably dont want to pay a fee.

gimmick wrote:
    Kearney and Shels are at a standstill. I believe the problem is money. Shels will have to pay a fee, possibly around €75k, to be decided at a tribunal, and Kearney will be wanting a high wage and signing on fee.

Thats odd would expect both parties to be well aware of monies due but least Cork get 2 good players who didnt want to be there again for next season.

kdjac

gimmick wrote:

Didnt he not sign for Herenveen or did they get sence?

finnpark wrote:
    Didnt he not sign for Herenveen or did they get sence?

No, he "changed his mind" (read: couldn't agree a deal that suited) around the same time as O'Flynn.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    No, he "changed his mind" (read: couldn't agree a deal that suited) around the same time as O'Flynn.

Oh right, they couldn't meet his wage demads:rolleyes: .

It would make a direct replacement for Wes. Looks like Wes will be playing in Scottish 1st div next season, thats his career gone then.

finnpark wrote:
    Oh right, they couldn't meet his wage demads:rolleyes: .

Think it may have had more to do with the length of contract they were offering but I'm not entirely sure on that one.
    It would make a direct replacement for Wes. Looks like Wes will be playing in Scottish 1st div next season, thats his career gone then.

Direct replacement perhaps, but certainly not of the same standard imo. Livingston fans are still singing Weso's praises, and some seem certain he will be joining a bigger team soon.

http://www.livilions.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?p=288332#post288332

Robbie Doyle signed for Bray :(

Pats have 1 fit striker and another unkown joining soon. Got 7 defenders tho :confused:

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Robbie Doyle signed for Bray :(

Pats have 1 fit striker and another unkown joining soon. Got 7 defenders tho :confused:

kdjac

Once Ndo goes you can play him as an emergency striker.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Once Ndo goes you can play him as an emergency striker.

Nah right wing tbh in a 451, Shels wants €20k for him no way we will pay that as we sold him for €5k.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement