Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

your talking about a divine right to be put into this new league obviously your team don't deserve to be there (much like us) on merit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Honestly blu sonic I have never read one of your posts that make sense!!! I have read a comment made saying " you haven’t played football in over 7 years" then you go on about more waffle. Please don't take this as a personal attack but a request that you think before you type and make your comments easy for other people to understand!

clearly flaming!

i stated you think your club "deserve" to make it into the "new" league, you gave all these off the field reasons, but you (as are we) are in the 1st div, therefore you don't deserve to be there on footballing merit. does this not make sense? all the fans/history/tropheys in the closet doesn't make your team play any better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sarge wrote:
    Honestly blu sonic I have never read one of your posts that make sense!!! I have read a comment made saying " you haven’t played football in over 7 years" then you go on about more waffle. Please don't take this as a personal attack but a request that you think before you type and make your comments easy for other people to understand!

Eh what are you talking about? :confused:

Blu sonic made a perfectly good, if sarcastic post about Dundalk's footballing (or lackof) achivements over the last 7 years.

Dundalk won't be placed into this new league if they have yet another mediocre season. League positions will come into consideration but TBH if Dundalk do have a good season, their main barrier for being ''placed'' into this new league will come into the form of Drogheda United. The FAI will not want 2 Louth clubs in their little franchise league and Drogheda will most obviously be picked over Dundalk.

blu_sonic wrote:
    but you haven't played football in over 7 years

This is a comment BOOM ! Out of no where and you can justify it as a sarcastic remark or even an intelligent one.

Im glad at least one other person can understand what you meant !
    Blu sonic made a perfectly good, if sarcastic post about Dundalk's footballing (or lackof) achivements over the last 7 years.

In that 7 years we weren't playing football we did however win the FAI cup and play in europe !
    Dundalk won't be placed into this new league if they have yet another mediocre season. League positions will come into consideration but TBH if Dundalk do have a good season, their main barrier for being ''placed'' into this new league will come into the form of Drogheda United. The FAI will not want 2 Louth clubs in their little franchise league and Drogheda will most obviously be picked over Dundalk.

Of course Dundalk will be in the new "fantasy league" when its set up. All the reasons listed above will go along way and will secure Dundalk’s place with Ireland elite. The Fai will allow to Louth teams because there is a huge market in the area for the two teams to live and survive off.

• Advertisement

sarge wrote:
    This is a comment BOOM ! Out of know where and you can justify it as a sarcastic remark or even an intelligent one.

1st off whats a comment boom?
    2nd whats out of know mean?

i think you take any comment about dundalk very personal, you see it as a personal swipe, Dundalk are not a good football team how mean years since they've been a top flight team? i know better than anyone what its like to support THE most successful club in ireland, i mean if thats the reason into this micky mouse idea from the fai we're 1st on the list and the revival of half a dozen leinster senior league teams would be on the cards,

blu_sonic wrote:
    1st off whats a comment boom?
    2nd whats out of know mean?

i think you take any comment about dundalk very personal, you see it as a personal swipe, Dundalk are not a good football team how mean years since they've been a top flight team? i know better than anyone what its like to support THE most successful club in ireland, i mean if thats the reason into this micky mouse idea from the fai we're 1st on the list and the revival of half a dozen leinster senior league teams would be on the cards,

Im also taking into consideration clubs will have to satisfy other criteria such as financial stability, attendances, potential support, standards of faclities, business plans etc. This is where i can see dundalk doing well ! So taking al things into consideration we are in a great position !

yeah i agree with that but its a sad day for football when teams that are better on the pitch are being put to the sword for the sake of the FAI. longford being a team that comes to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=236

Liam Kearney signs for (free for) Shelbourne - 2 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=236

Liam Kearney signs for (free for) Shelbourne - 2 year deal.

Well now that its all done and dusted lets hope he gets his head down and works for the team. Not the ideal replacement for Wes (I'm not sure that one exists outside of the Nou Camp) but he'll hopefully do a job for us. Hoping to see him get a run out on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

While he's no Wes, he is a good player especially on a free (Though nobody knows what his wages are). He's also proven in Europe, he destroyed Djurgardens in the Cross this year. He gives good width and has an excellent cross on him, good tight passer, if we play a passing game this year he should be a good player for us. Also, it saves the suggestion from a few sections of moving Ndo to the left, Ndo should be at the heart of our mid field, that is if Pats are nice enough to loan him to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just shows the level of the man that he signs for Shels not 48 hours after saying "I dont care where I go, as long as they pay me"(sic). IMO, the little **** is doing this out of spite to City rather than wanting to play for Shels.

Great player when he wants to turn up, which is about 50% of the time.

I cannot wait for his first game in Turners Cross. if Ollie Cahill thought he got a hard time, Kearneys ears will be ringing for years.

EDIT: I look forward to him coming out with his "side of the story" for leaving City. If he was honest he would come straight out, rather than wait to see what he can make up, much like another former employee of the club who left around 11 months (who has yet to tell his 'side of the story').

NO matter what he says gimmick you seem to have your version of events that happen , He was never happy at city once pat left. This is what i heard from a cork city fan i was talking to yesterday !

gimmick wrote:
    EDIT: I look forward to him coming out with his "side of the story" for leaving City. If he was honest he would come straight out, rather than wait to see what he can make up, much like another former employee of the club who left around 11 months (who has yet to tell his 'side of the story').

Haha, lets call him Mr P Dolan... no wait thats too obvious.... Pat D. Yep, thats the one. :D

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Haha, lets call him Mr P Dolan... no wait thats too obvious.... Pat D. Yep, thats the one. :D

I like to call him BFP ;)

Sarge wrote:
    NO matter what he says gimmick you seem to have your version of events that happen , He was never happy at city once pat left. This is what i heard from a cork city fan i was talking to yesterday !

Nonsense. Kearney said he would never play for another eL club as it would be a step down as recently as October 05. I'd be shocked if Dolan had anything to do with this, as he hates Shels more than most, and thats alot.

Kearney was badly advised, ended up believing his own hype, and has now signed for the only club that would take him.

However, Im sure some will only misread what im saying here as bitterness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zayed for sale with only one condition , he doesnt want to leave Dublin (Drogehda isnt that far away, he is staying in Dublin to study hope its Geography he studying).
    We tried to buy him last year but many felt it was a move to placate the fans who signed up for the Patrons scheme. Shels cant afford him, Bohs dunno they got in 2 strikers already, Rovers also cant afford him, Pats could buy him but think we have enough strikers and this comes too late to add another. But he is 20 goals a season, guess he not going anywhere anytime soon so.

Fee was 40k agreed with Drogs anyway.

Whats the story with Softic with Cork, someone looking for money for him?

kdjac

Ian Maher gone on loan to Rovers from pats for the season, good player needs to be kicked a lot to toughen him up.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Zayed for sale with only one condition , he doesnt want to leave Dublin
    Fee was 40k agreed with Drogs anyway.

Dont believe everything you read. Dont be surprised to see him move in the next window.
    KdjaC wrote:
    Whats the story with Softic with Cork, someone looking for money for him?

Sarejevo FC, who he played with as a kid want €100k for him now that he has been promoted to the City 1st team squad. Now I dont know how this works at all, but City signed him from Birr Town (or maybe it was Clonmel Town, Im not sure) when he was 15/16. Surely if any payment would be needed, it would be to his Irish club? Aside, City have nurtured him from a youngish age, so I cant see why any payments need making?

Of course it would be irony of ironies if City ended up paying compo for a player who has been on the books for 5 years, after loosing Kearney for nothing.

Other news, apparently Vinny Sullivan is on a brief trial with City. I would like to see him sign, a very good player who would be good cover at the very least. Makes you wonder will Waterford be even able to field 11 players on March 10th.

City have signed Aussie Paul Connell on a developmental deal.

gimmick wrote:

Sarejevo FC, who he played with as a kid want €100k for him now that he has been promoted to the City 1st team squad. Now I dont know how this works at all, but City signed him from Birr Town (or maybe it was Clonmel Town, Im not sure) when he was 15/16. Surely if any payment would be needed, it would be to his Irish club? Aside, City have nurtured him from a youngish age, so I cant see why any payments need making?

If he spent any amount of time in your schoolboys then hes yours, as you signed him as a free agent under 17. Cork wont have to pay any money to anyone unless there was an agreement with Clonmel and Sarajevo.

Assume hes "irish" now?

Devlin wants rid of Zayed, we offered 40k they wanted 60 last season, Drogs offered 40 and bray accepted Zayed didnt want to go for some reason. He will move hope he stays in the league.

Rumours that pats sold Larsson (he played last night :confused: ) if true maybe we going back in for Zayed.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Looks like the final touches are being put on Vinny Sullivan signing for City from Waterford. Good signing IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ATHLONE TOWN boss Michael O'Connor has confirmed that he has agreed terms with two of the three Hungarians who have been on trial with the Club for the past two weeks.

Right winger István Lakatos and striker Pedró Zsolt will stay on at Saint Mel's Park for the 2006 season, pending international clearance.

Speaking on his new acquistions, Michael O'Connor said, "I'm delighted to have them. They have been very impressive during their trial peiod.

"They are going to be locally based, so that means we're going to have an almost entirely locally based team. They'll be training with the team during the week, and that can only help them along," he concluded.

Robbie Hamm has also resigned and is back training with the first team again, great news as robbie was young player of the year last year and one of the best players in the league.

The future is bright :)

Dave Tyrell has gone back to Bray on loan, and James Chambers is off to the RSC, also on loan.

Will be good for them and us. Did they both sign full time contracts with us before they went (i.e: can we lose them on a free next season?). Chambers is great from what i have seen, and Tyrrell is a frickin' genius! :D

just for the cork boys

blu_sonic wrote:
    just for the cork boys

That HAS TO HURT! :D

i should have photoshopped nutsey behind them throwing money up into the air lol

Eh i dont get it explain please someone :)

kearney is with shels now, and thats him modeling the newest cork home kit

• Advertisement

Vinny Sullivan has signed a one year deal with City. Always rated him, and i think that being part of a full time set up will benefit him no end.

Was he full time at Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cathal Lordan of Ipwitch Town is training with Cork City this week.

His brother Cillianis currently on the books of City.

He scored 2 goals last year in the FA Youths Cup Final in England.

He scored 2 goals last year in the FA Youths Cup Final in England.

Don't remind me! :)

Dundalk have strengthened their squad with the signing of Brian Kelly who had played for both Drogheda United and Dublin City.

Left-sided player
    Kelly, a left-sided defender, has been signed to give manager John Gill more options along the left-side of the defence although he can also play in the centre of defence. He had played most recently for Dublin City having previously played for Drogheda United following a spell cross-channel with Middlesbrough.

Athlone Town have signed Hungarian striker Tamas Lakatos, younger brother of De Towns impressive preseason signing István Lakatos.

The 24 year old had been training with Athlone during preseason but Manager Mickey O'Connor decided not to persue this signing at that time, Athlone did however Sign his Brother István and close friend striker Zsolt Petró.

Tamas decided to move to Ireland with his brother anyway, and has trained with the first team since, having done enough to merit a contract in ht emean time, and turning 24 (meaning no compensation would e paid to his former club) O'Conor is extreamly excited to give the player a taste of Eircom League Football!

This makes me happy, he's very quick, his brother is the best player outside the premiership and apparently him and Zsolt play very well together.

Im hearing Zayed to Shels in the window.

I would imagine one of the other 3 will have to make way for him. Wonder who?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:

Hopefully not O'Neill.

gimmick wrote:

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hopefully not O'Neill.

Zayed would be a great signing and a much needed addition to the team but as MrJoeSoap said I'd be certain that O'Neill would be the one sacrifised if Zayed did join which is a no no for me.

Ideal world would be for Crowe to be sold and Zayed brought in.

I'd sacrafice Crowe for Zayed, even though I think he's playing better than Jayo - and seems to care - Jayo guarantees goals and still scores when playing poorly.

Not sure I believe it though, Zayed is apparently keen to finish his degree before becoming full-time (unless he finished in May or something). A player I'd like to see us acquire, but Bray won't let him go cheap!

Wanted 60 k off us last time, but it is Devlin so with Shels buying him its like a million now. Unless he wants a player in return unlike Shels to buy anyone.

If Armstrong wasnt coming back i would want Zayed but Keegan will do for now.

kdjac

Dundalk sign Keith dunne of St pats.

• Advertisement

hearing serious roumers from the athlone players that Eric Levine is signing on a "disposable" contract, as in if he f*cks up he's out on his arse.
    I dunno about this one.
    Still hearing that Myler is a cert to sign in july, which is always nice.

Admir softic has signed for Cork City on a professional contract.

Danny Murphy is rumoured to be targeted by his former club QPR in England.

Cathal Lordan has signed for Cork City.

He is a Ballincollig lad and brother of squad member Cillian Lordan. He has been over in Ipswich Town for a few years. Probably best remembered for scoring twice in the FA Youth Cup final last year.

Champions Cork City in Player Signing Shocker!!!!!!!!!

And 2 at that, how many tokens did you save up for them :)

kdjac

Cathal Lordan has signed for Cork City.

He is a Ballincollig lad and brother of squad member Cillian Lordan. He has been over in Ipswich Town for a few years. Probably best remembered for scoring twice in the FA Youth Cup final last year.
    Certainly remembered by me for that anyway. A certain Mr. Walcott played in that tie too...

KdjaC wrote:
    Champions Cork City in Player Signing Shocker!!!!!!!!!

And 2 at that, how many tokens did you save up for them :)

We are expecting to sign 3-4 players in the transfer window, and badly needed.

Lordan has been signed on amatuer terms, but Im sure the reason for this is because had he signed pro terms he would not be eligible to play until July 1st. This way, he can play from June 1st.

http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/player.php?code=PRINN

Pats trying to sign him, its fate, he will be the best ever player in the league ever....just look at his birthdate!!!!!

kdjac

Im hearing Ollie Cahill could be on his way back to Cork City on a short contract.

Drogs are to make an audacious bid got Jason Byrne either at the window, or the end of the season.

Talk down here is that Liam Kearney has asked for his Shelbourne contract to be terminated.

Ollie C's been great for us of late, dunno why we'd let him go.
    If Djurgardne's didn't get sold Jayo for €400,000, (and the supposedly rebuffed second offer), then Drogs are gonna have to come up with something insane!
    I reckon we may well try to sell Kearney in the window, to Cork perhaps?! :)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I reckon we may well try to sell Kearney in the window, to Cork perhaps?! :)

Talk down here is that Liam Kearney has asked for his Shelbourne contract to be terminated.

Why?

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement