Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Cooper-A womens car????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

turbo wrote:
    whats girlish about this??

P0024378.jpg

i saw one of those in Ballincollig a few months ago. The spoiler looks hideous.

And the MINI is still a girls car in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

There has to better motoring subjects than this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

just lookin at da new mini in da top gear mag..looks quality...lol dey call it da new new mini...does look bigger though and has a black roof...but i mean you saw how savage they were in the "Italian Job" didnt ya's...feck it ill decide in 2 years time i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

maidhc wrote:
    i saw one of those in Ballincollig a few months ago. The spoiler looks hideous.

And the MINI is still a girls car in my book.

HORSES FOR COURSES

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

turbo wrote:
    HORSES FOR COURSES

Yep. Just giving my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

If you judge a car purely on looks, then I rest my case. ;)
    Eh, read the topic title. He's asking if it's a girl's car, and I do think it LOOKS girly. I don't recall the OP asking if it "handles" girly, or if it "accelerates" girly - he was asking if it looks girly - and yes, it LOOKS like a girly car, hence I'm judging it soley on the way it looks, purely in the context of this topic. Dumbass.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought the "S" after Mini Cooper stood for Supercharger. now it's turbo charged........

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soby wrote:
    Ive luved Coopers ever since i saw the Italian Job[New Version] but have been put off by always seeing women driving them...Outside of the movie i think ive seen one man....wat you guys think???i know it doesnt matter really like a car is a car and all but just wondering
    I like them. A lot of lads like big cars, probably because they miss tractors, but I like small and fast.

colm_mcm wrote:
    I thought the "S" after Mini Cooper stood for Supercharger. now it's turbo charged........

it never stood for supercharged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

biko wrote:
    I like them. A lot of lads like big cars, probably because they miss tractors, but I like small and fast.
    That tractor reference is only relevant to boggers, mate. And a Mini isn't "fast" - it's "nippy".

• Advertisement

turbo wrote:
    it never stood for supercharged

oh. what is it then? Sport probably

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Some people are taking this debate WAY too seriously! :rolleyes:

(but yes, it's a girl's car... as is the Micra, Peugeot 206, and disappointingly the mid-90s Civics it seems).

That tractor reference is only relevant to boggers, mate. And a Mini isn't "fast" - it's "nippy".

whats your definition of fast?? Whats a fast car to you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Fast to me is 0-60 under 4 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph or over. As already said a Mini is only nippy, not fast.

junkyard wrote:
    Fast to me is 0-60 under 4 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph or over. As already said a Mini is only nippy, not fast.

What cars would you say are very fast then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its a girls car, i can't believe this has gone on so long...if i saw more than two minis at a junction with blokes in them i'd think it was mardi gras

What cars would you say are very fast then?

You mean you don't know?? Pagani Zonda, Mercedes SLR.....

junkyard wrote:
    You mean you don't know?? Pagani Zonda, Mercedes SLR.....

In terms of times, speed.

In terms of times, speed.

Google may be your best friend...try them. I'm not an anorak when it comes to facts and figures, if I like something, I buy it, simple as that. I don't get excited by facts and figures, if I did I'd be plane spotting or even worse, train spotting. I don't mean to offend and I'm not being a smart @rse, its just the way I see it.:)

a car doesnt have to be a supercar to be considered fast

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    Google may be your best friend...try them. I'm not an anorak when it comes to facts and figures, if I like something, I buy it, simple as that. I don't get excited by facts and figures, if I did I'd be plane spotting or even worse, train spotting. I don't mean to offend and I'm not being a smart @rse, its just the way I see it.:)

I thought you had a cut off or something

"0-60 under 4 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph or over"

That would leave out a few so called supercars I'd imagine. Never mind run of the mill :eek: Ferrari's, Porsches etc.

turbo wrote:
    a car doesnt have to be a supercar to be considered fast

especially if the person who considers it fast hasn't been in a supercar.

colm_mcm wrote:
    especially if the person who considers it fast hasn't been in a supercar.
    Its all relative really...some cars look fast and aren't and others look discreet and are rockets to go. Personally I prefer the latter, that and the fact the Gardai don't know what it is is a big plus for me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidok

bit late on this topic but no way r they a womens car, hav any of u ever seen a modded cooper s, thats the last car i would b expecting a women to drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

minis are a great motor!! if ur a girl and lookin for a motor go for an mx5!!

Every thing is relative. But I dunno who you can say a something that does 150mph and 0-60 in 6 secs isn't fast, relative to the context of most cars.

...Sorry officer but really I was just being nippy at 120mph, its not really all that fast. :)... Come on jump in and I'll show you fast....:D

Aidok wrote:
    bit late on this topic but no way r they a womens car, hav any of u ever seen a modded cooper s, thats the last car i would b expecting a women to drive!

The world has moved on since the 70's. I passed two different Enzo's with women driving them over at Goodwood one year. Anyone remember Tara Palmer-Tomkinson on Top Gear driving her NSX? Etc, etc.

The world has moved on since the 70's. I passed two different Enzo's with women driving them over at Goodwood one year. Anyone remember Tara Palmer-Tomkinson on Top Gear driving her NSX? Etc, etc.

But these are women driving mens cars...thats a different ball game altogether. The only men that think its O.K. to drive a mini are chavs.... no wat i mean.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Women in mens cars :D reminds me of the 2 blondes i saw in an Enzo in Cannes this year - So HOT!

But then put it the other way round, guys drivings girly cars - :(

• Advertisement

I remember seeing the most amazing blonde driving a Ferrari 360 at the start of the Mille Miglia in Italy last year and she could drive it and I'd say she owned the car too.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement