Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would I be taking a gamble?

Options
  • 04-11-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Some advice please...

Im looking to buying an opel tigra. Ive seen one that I like. Its a private sale. 99, I drove it and all seemed fine. Its had regular sevicing from an opel garage all its life-last one was in March this year. Its NCT is due in March 07. It has 68k on it. I know nothing about car engines and Ive tried hard to get a mechanic to look at it but cant as firstly I dont know any mechanic and its also quite a distance from where I live. The seller seems very genuine and I also got word from another source that he is totally legit. Car has never been in an accident (excempt for some minor cosmetic damage). Hes looking for 4,750 but I think will take 4,500 which is a good price as Ive been looking around for a while.

Im going back to see it today with a friend who knows slightly more about cars than myself. From what Ive said here it seems ok but would I be mad to buy it without getting a mechanic to check it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

it seems a good b uy, would advise to get a mechanic, Have you asked the AA?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

Its about €300 to use the AA and im putting all the money I have into buying the car. Maybe I shuould tho for piece of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

mazstar i tink it would be a bad idea not to get the car checked out before you buy it. tings can be hidden very well and if your not sure what your looking for you could get caught out. What part of the country are you in? I might be able to offer some help. PM me if you want about it

Advertisement