Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like where you are?

• 04-11-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

According to this it's 11.4C at the mo in Cambridge, England but it feels a lot colder despite the fact that there's no wind!

What's the weather like where you are? Will I feel lucky or jealous? :)

EDIT: This is specifically for boardsies abroad so I didn't want to put it in the Weather forum ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I haven't been outside yet, but apparently it's 12 degrees and cloudy. I'm freezing though, and there's generally an icy cold wind in Edinburgh, so I'd say it's fairly brutal outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Chilly in Illinois, has been for the last while. 6.1C right now with wind chill at 1C *teeth chatters*

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Stromecek

well it's a crisp -1 here in Praha right now, the weather has just changed and winter is kicking in, mind you I was talkin to Finish friend of mine today and he assures me it's -15 today in his hometown...... thats cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

-5 right here with a windchill making it -9. Not that cold actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 motormatic

5 degrees in Toronto right now. Not too bad at all for November, but I'm still not looking forward to what's to come! I hate putting the motorcycle up for the winter:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

What's the weather like where you are?

Too. Damn. Hot. :p

Although today wasn't all that bad. Cooler than it's been in a while. Had a nice breeze, but still didn't stop me from getting sunburned at the Renaissance Festival. :(

I miss having actual seasons. *stares at stored-away scarves and jumpers longingly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

31c where i am today, humidity is the killer though. (seychelles)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Chilly enough in Philly - about 5C on my way into work this morning. Was in Atlanta for the weekend and it barely hit 20C there.

Summer is definitely over, but should be cold enough to dig the skis out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

it´s like a beautiful, beautiful furnace... upwards of 25C during the day.
    But loving it here in Salvador.br
    last days by the coast going inland for some serious heat and humidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Really nice crisp fresh morning here. About 5 degress and a little foggy. Love mornings like this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

It's raining here in Connecticut today, but not so cold. I generally like the weather, I like the summer heat(yes even humidity) and I like the weather until the end of the year. It's January, February and March that I hate. Cold, snow, dark for way too long.

Just returned from a long weekend in Nassau, Bahamas. Lovely weather, low 80's. Would mind doing that again in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Wind and rain. About +2 degrees Celcius. Rotten weather here in South West Finland

Nearest road weather station:
    ROAD 40; TURKU, AURANLAAKSO 12.11.2006 00:37

AIR 1.7 °C
    ROAD SURF. 1.0 °C
    PRECIPIT. LIGHT
    ROAD COND. WET

http://alk.tiehallinto.fi/alk/kelikamerat/kamera-AC.html
    From the nearest traffic cam to my home, 4km away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

It's been bucketing down here in Wellington NZ for the past few days. Around 17C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pier5215

27 & warm here today, thank God Summer's back

Snow this morning when I was getting my couch delivered. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭k974

30c here in queensland just nice summer is coming tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ruu wrote:
    Snow this morning when I was getting my couch delivered. :eek:

I love snow :) except when I can't drive anywhere and when it starts to melt and turns in to that brown slush.

Here: 11.8 C at the moment, rained overnight and generally turning into what Autumn should have been...saw a wasp flying about yesterday!! Didn't they used to die off in September? Global warming is here, the end is nigh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭SandhillRoad

:D:D
    Here in Rhinebeck, New York it is a cold( probably in the 40s), damp, dreary day. Today is Thanksgiving so the house smells of roast turkey etc. Glad to be inside.

Warm over the last few days 'ere, 4:40pm and its hovering around 15C today. Snow on the way for Thursday and Friday (the day of our house moving, of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wet but mild here today, max temp 13C, min temp 10C :). Rest of week isn't too dissimilar looking and Tuesday week we have our house moving, 5 day-forecast doesn't let me see that far ahead but I imagine it'll be more of the same :)

Need some chilly weather for that Christmas feeling *taps thermometer*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

This week is due to be mild and wet here. Won't really get far below 6 degrees, won't go above 12. Rain rain rain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aye, it just keeps raining here too. I can't remember the last day that it didn't rain.

This is the price we pay for that super summer we had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

How about a high of -25 today? With scattered snow fall.

We are into day 4 fo the freeze with no relief until Thursday.

Advertisement