Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Agents' Flyers

Options
  • 04-11-2006 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

We got a flyer in the door from some guy called "Joseph" who's - apparently - an agent for Magnet Entertainment.

It's labelled "Attention Telephone/Broadband Users - Smart Customers....an Urgent Message to anyone who is having difficulties with their Provider (his capitals, not mine).

Should I ring the guy and tell him that his flyer is wrong, that Smart's combined telephone & broadband subscribers are just fine, thank you ?

The flyer doesn't have a Magnet logo or anything, and is pretty tacky (bright green, with "SUPER UNCONTENDED BROADBAND" written across the middle -not sure what the "SUPER" is all about).

It also lists 2MB, 4MB and 8MB options (I wonder if those are 8 times faster than 2Mb, 4Mb and 8Mb respectively?) while the "FROM ONLY 15 EURO*" charge (which "*excludes standard line rental 24 = euro") is presumably for the lower speed.

BUT.....considering I can't avail of the Smart upgrade on my phone line, does this mean that "Joseph" will upgrade my line for me to avail of this amazing 64Mb connection ?

Or does the guy simply not have a clue that Smart subscribers in the area are just fine, thanks, and that 2MB is not the same as 2Mb ?

And if that's the case, would you sign up with him ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ruamire

I'm in Cork St and I got a flyer in the post box too. Its wasn't as tacky as you describe and it did have a logo for Magnet on it. I'm nearly certain the name was Joseph on it too. I did wonder what was with the big name!

I'm fairly interested in the whole package Magnet offer but it looks pricey, 59 a month plus 24 line rental? Sounds like a lot to me anyway.

Advertisement