Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scott Hall

• 04-11-2006 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I figured I'd make a serious post about Scott Hall this time. I think it's very sad what has happened to the guy. He made an appearance with Sean Walton on Friday on the indy circuit and it's sad to see how bad he's let himself go. Here's a pic:

http://www.thebadguy.org/Images/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=2

He's changed a lot since his last stint in the WWE.

I think Hall could have done so much more in wrestling had he been more focused. His five-star ladder match with Michaels at Wrestlemania X proved he had ability and the Razor Ramon gimmick would surely have seen him get a world title run had he not left for WCW.

I think Hall will go down as one of the best top guys to never win a world championship. Sad really.

I don't see him improving his current state now at this point in his life.

What are your thoughts on 'the bad guy'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I agree 100% with you mr nice guy.

I was a big fan of 'the bad guy'. In fact to this day i use one of his sayings (any time i get the chance and to people i know) "something happen to this, something happen to you"

there is not much more to say cause i agree so much with mr nice guy.
    He looks awful now, like a washed up drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

What are your thoughts on 'the bad guy'?

Im assuming you mean his drinking problem when you talk about his problems? Its strange because a lot of athletes have problems with steroids in wrestling and its sad to think that his problem was drinking related. He was certainly a wrestler of serious contention to be one of the best, although his last stint in the WWE was again wrecked by this, and Kevin Nash's carrer seemed to be affected as a result.

Ive been a fan of the WWE since Ramones early days and I have to say hes an amazing wrestler, or was at the top of his game, and such a star that when he left the WWE even ran that stupid 'fake' Diesel and 'fake' Razor sketch. A brilliant wrestler, someone to be highly taught of.

This picture proves his carrer is over, along with that other **** XPac, I honestly couldnt stand that bastard and I am so glad he's gone. Razor, we love you, XPac good riddens.

Then again, I saw Jake Roberts back in a TNA PPV this week, and if that could happen anythings possible for Mr Hall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I figured I'd make a serious post about Scott Hall this time. I think it's very sad what has happened to the guy.

How is it sad? Whatever problems he has are problems he brought on himself. I don't feel bad for people who can't control themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Exit wrote:
    How is it sad? Whatever problems he has are problems he brought on himself. I don't feel bad for people who can't control themselves.

when its an addiction you cant really control yourself unless you get serious help.When you look at some of his great matches...eg shawn michaels summerslam '94 and the state of him now you cant help but feel sad for the guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

www.pwtorch.com have a 7 hour interview with him on their website.

It's premium material though and I'm not a big fan of the torch site. But they do have an offer giving a 4 day free trial so it might be worth a look.

When Scott Hall was on his game he was very good. He threw a great wrestling punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Exit wrote:

It's sad in the sense that he had such potential and he didn't fulfil it to the extent that he could have.

He had a presence about him and a charisma that is very lacking nowadays not to mention the ability to put on a compelling wrestling match.

I think he could have been regarded like Michaels as a sure future Hall of Famer but now I don't think that is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

it's sad to see how bad he's let himself go.
    He's changed a lot since his last stint in the WWE.

I don't really understand what you mean. Apart from his clothes, he looks practically the same to me. He's approaching 50, obviously he's not going to look as well or healthy as he used to, but that picture certainly doesn't hint at anything being wrong with him

You can read that PWTorch interview for free here: http://ropebreak.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/part-one-of-scott-hall-torch-talk-with-wade-keller/

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't really understand what you mean. Apart from his clothes, he looks practically the same to me. He's approaching 50, obviously he's not going to look as well or healthy as he used to, but that picture certainly doesn't hint at anything being wrong with him

You're not serious? If you don't understand what I mean allow me to elaborate...

Scott Hall in 2002

Scott Hall in 2004

Scott Hall in 2006

See what I mean now?

Fozzy wrote:
    Apart from his clothes, he looks practically the same to me.
    you cannot be serious..can you?

He's put on some weight, but he's a very big guy anyway. WWE have their makeup people to make their workers look at their best. But I certainly don't think that you can judge the state his life is in by his appearance in those photographs. He sounds very content in the interview from a couple of months ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

he looks rotten, but can someone clear something up for me,
    i'm thinking, he went to WCW for big money so is he at least well off, or has he drunk away the money?
    how tragic is the entire situation, has he let himself go and lost his money?

how tragic is the entire situation, has he let himself go and lost his money?

I don't know what his financial situation is but he would n't be the first wrestler to throw away all the money he made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Some fiscal sense should have rubbed off on him by hanging with guys like Hogan and Nash throughout his carear. He also always talks about how his main priority was to make money, to make as much as possible, so I would be inclined to think he probably hasn't pissed it all away.

He does look terrible right now but, its only 3 years since he was last in WWE and looked good then. A years tough training and dieting and he could get ripped again. Also, while Scott was a terrific in ring performer, I always thought his biggest asset was his promos. They were excellant and certainly no one has been able to imitate that style lately, unike the Rock's act being rippped by Cena. Like I said, if Scott got in shape I do believe their is hope for him. Just remember back when Eddie was let go for his drug use and was in a real bad state. He managed to turn it all around.

Some fiscal sense should have rubbed off on him by hanging with guys like Hogan .

Hell even Hogan is worrying about his money after he bought his latest house. He's got one mansion too many on his books at the minute. Poor Hulk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i still don't think the lean mean grillin machine would have sold with him instead of george foreman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

well when mr nice guy showed us the photo my first reaction was that he looked like a washed up drunk and at that point i did not even know he had a drink problem. he just had that look of someone with a drink problem, they all have that look.
    anyway i bet he pissed most of it away. they all do it. i had an uncle and he had a lot of money and now he does not. I have seen and heard stories of people with drink problems.
    its abit too late for the bad guy to make a wwe comeback into the ring but maybe he could do something else in wwe. " yo chico"

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

He should move to Ireland! He might save himself a bit of money if he just drinks dutch. They're 9 for a tenner! Sorted!

You never know if he might come back. As mentioned above Eddie managed to make a u-turn on his condition and come back and make it bigger then he had ever made it before. Then again he's going on 50 which also was mentioned above.

Just some relevant news, apparently Scott Hall signed a WWE Legends contract recently. Ya never know, he could end up appearing on tv some day like all the others who signed those contracts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

alright lads, good to find an irish wrestling board finally!

type scott hall carlito into youtube and there is a match from a few weeks back for wwc.

he looks a lot better than he did before!

the bloatedness is gone!

hope to see him back on raw soon!

I saw photos from some of the shows he's done in Puerto Rico, I think he looks in very good shape for a big guy approaching 50

normal_JCW_CANDIDS_0004.JPG

I really doubt we'll be seeing him back in WWE though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

50?! jesus never wouldve thought he was that old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Seriously, what was the point in rehashing a thread thats nearly a year old??
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Beats starting a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

VR!

Does it bother you that much VR? Does it get your goat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

VR!

I think the point was to compare how he looks now to how he looked nearly a year ago. Makes perfect sense to me.
    SR!

forbesii wrote:
    Does it bother you that much VR? Does it get your goat?

Not as much as you do, but i generally keep my mouth shut about that. :)
    VR!

hammy140 wrote:
    hope to see him back on raw soon!

you will be waiting a long time..possibly forever.Its not going to happen anytime soon buddy.
    Having seem that pic that fozzy posted up,I am glad that he is in much better condition than he was only last year

I wouldn't rule out Scott Hall from EVER appearing on Raw. After all they brought back Jake Roberts for an angle with Orton so a once-off deal with Hall could happen down the line if he's in shape. If they do a DVD that featured him in some capacity then I could definitely see the WWE bringing him on TV for an appearance.

I'm pleased he's gotten himself together as a year ago he was a mess.

RF Video did a shoot interview with him recently, a trailer for it is on Youtube. He sounds in a good state of mind, not messed up or anything anyway

• Advertisement

VR!

1.Cos I just found this board!
    2.Cos da bad guy is back in the news (even mentioned in JR's latest blog)
    3.I bet if I started a new one, some smart fecker would say
    USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

blabity bla bla....
    :)

hammy140 wrote:
    1.Cos I just found this board!
    2.Cos da bad guy is back in the news (even mentioned in JR's latest blog)
    3.I bet if I started a new one, some smart fecker would say
    USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

blabity bla bla....

Fair enough, you're free to go! Welcome to PW on boards ;)
    VR!

lads, check out my bebo flash box for a synergy / remix of razor's music that I did!

hammy140.bebo.com

Advertisement