Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL wireless problem

• 04-11-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

I'm stumped on this issue and need help.

I have a MSI wireless router and a NTL 200 BB cable modem. Before NTL started changing all their servers I had no problems. Now I can't connect at all via the router, either using ethernet or wireless.

I can still connect to the internet directly through the BB modem, it's just through the router that I have the problem.

I've tried leaving the router and modem off for a day to allow the addresses to refresh - no success.The router is set up to accept a DHCP address. I've ticked the MAC cloning option.

The PC - router connection is fine - I can still access the router configuration pages on the routers IP address.

The real pain is the fact that when I try and connect wirelessly I get through to a NTL "Manage your chello logon" page which prompts me for my NTL username and password. When I enter these the page just refreshes or asks me to reboot which doesn't change anything. The page also gives me the number for NTL tech support who haven't managed to solve the problem.

So quick summary:

PC - router connection ok.
    Cable modem ok
    Router connection getting out to the web but not outside some bizarre NTL logon page.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at the point of sacrificing a goat at midnight to solve this one. Save the goat, help solve my problems.

Thanks.

Advertisement