Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time outs when preforming mod actions.

Options
  • 04-11-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else getting this ?
    So far move, edit thread, merge posts, aprove post have all resulted in a time out error and the page not loading after the action had happened.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just deleted one a moment ago with no problems.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thaedydal wrote:
    Anyone else getting this ?
    So far move, edit thread, merge posts, aprove post have all resulted in a time out error and the page not loading after the action had happened.

That was happening to me earlier today when I was trying to approve unregged posts in PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I had a problem earlier when deleting a thread earlier but when I clicked back and tried again it worked no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Scratch that, not working anymore :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I had a problem earlier when moving a thread. It timed out in the middle, then I reloaded the page and it told me I did not have permission etc etc.

But the action had happened, I think the no permission thing was from the other forum that I had moved the thread to and which I do not mod.

Also, as a side point, I can't get the Forum Tools drop down menu to work today at all. I feel as though a limb has been removed without my beloved "Mark this Forum Read" button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yep that has been not dropping down for me as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The dropdowns aren't working in many forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Had issues earlier when moving/deleting threads. The action would still be applied but just bring me to a timeout page. Seem to have cleared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've seen a few strange issues here.

The dropdowns on some threads don't work, the dropdowns on fora for 'forum tools' don't work, on PI some unreggie posts have Unix escape characters (I think that's what they are) instead of new line and return [they have \n\r] so are quite illegible. And judging by some Helpdesk/adverts support posts and a mod forum post by CuLT there are some adverts.ie based login problems going on.

I'll send Cloud a PM later about all this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I had an issue with granting access to someone in the PTH the other day. Cloud forwarded the problem onto Eck. I believe Eck was messing around with some code the other day and it could stem from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

This is probably due to the upgrade to vB 3.5.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am having an issue with restoring acess to someone post ban in PI as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I'm having problems as well when approving posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Problem with editing a thread title when it timedout in the middle of submitting last night but aok now.

Advertisement