Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shooting Rats

• 04-11-2006 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

What would be the best gun to use to soot rats ??? There are a few around now that the weather is starting to get bad.

Would an Air Rifle to the job ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

A .177 air rifle should do the trick no bother ,providing you got a headshot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

.410 shotgun is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

I was thinking of getting the "SMK Super grade XS20" air rifle. Anyone know if this is any good for this sort of thing ?
    Also whats the story with importing guns from England ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

duckmusic wrote:
    I was thinking of getting the "SMK Super grade XS20" air rifle. Anyone know if this is any good for this sort of thing ?
    Also whats the story with importing guns from England ?

12fl/lbs is fine for rats as generally you will be shooting them from short ranges.

Both my air rifles have scopes so that makes it easier but if you're a good shot with the iron sights that rifle will do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Remmy wrote:
    A .177 air rifle should do the trick no bother ,providing you got a headshot !

Where could I get a .177 air rifle and how much roughly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement