Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie just said.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Just because these dumb clucks say it does not oblige us to believe it!

Bertie is the King of Waffle and bully to those who believe the waffle but spare us the pain.

Here's his pal:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/foolbush.mov

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pm. wrote:
    true but its only available in towns not much good for rural ireland, what type of timescale before the rest of ireland is up to speed?
    Can't you still get slow coverage in the sticks ?
    And it's half paid for with savings on line rental. ( I asked and was told that even if you fall back to slower modes there are no time based charges )

For those who only get 14.4Kb on dialup is it worth considering ?

use http://www.siteviewer.ie to see what type of masts are near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

And it's half paid for with savings on line rental. ( I asked and was told that even if you fall back to slower modes there are no time based charges )

For those who only get 14.4Kb on dialup is it worth considering ?

use http://www.siteviewer.ie to see what type of masts are near you.

tbh i kinda have half bb ( im with last mile ) its a lot better than dialup but not worth a fcuk when dowloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Why is this even being talked about he wont and probably cant do anything and noone expects him to just like every other aspect of irish life the government promises the world and delivers a document with crazy figures to claim they have done something that they havnt. Vote sinn fein they might be crazy but at least they do what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

God bless your innocence......the only crowd that could give me BB were Smart Telecom because their distance-from-exchange is longer, and that's inside the city boundary! Even then, I can't get the speed upgrade that they offered due to crap copper.

The "remaining 10-15%" part of Bertie's statement is pure fiction; I'd guess that there is AT LEAST 40% of the population that can't get broadband; remember that we're talking proper broadband (>512Kbps) and not the sub-dialup speeds that some wireless operators appear to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Liam Byrne wrote:
    God bless your innocence......
    Sorry I was referring to the Vodaphone service fall back.

As for eircom's "copper" my comment about 14.4Kb unfortunatly is true for some - the joys of a USO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Anyone who said fair play Bertie or lapped praise upon him is a clown, its coming near to an election and your believing something he is saying, the guy is a born liar and he is lol at everyone in this counrty for letting him off the hook for that crap with the gifts, this country sickens me, and a lot of the people in it, im sorry i came back when i hear "well done bertie"!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm still not voting for the witch Mary O'Rourke who's policy of selling off Eircom too early must be one of the stupidest decisions FF ever made I can't wait for her to come canvassing around even if Halloween is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But Patmac, you are not one of the 15% that Bertie says he will do something for, you belong to the 85% who are just fine and dandy instead .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sorry I was referring to the Vodaphone service fall back.
    Sorry, Cap'n....my mistake!

• Advertisement
Advertisement