Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points...

Options
  • 04-11-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Got caught speeding in June 06 (slightly over the limit but far enough the gardai have their quotas and easy spots to catch us!). Anyway just received notice of the 2 penalty points and the notification states the points will remain on the entry for a period of three years from "first day of holding a new license".

A friend of mine was caught in the past and he had a specific date as to when the points came into effect (a month or two after the offence). Has this changed?

I have a valid current license that is not due to expire for another year. Why are the points not applied now?

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

maybe you're banned from driving for a while? And the points won't show up until you're able to get another license? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tuckster

LundiMardi wrote:
    maybe you're banned from driving for a while? And the points won't show up until you're able to get another license? :)

Thanks but definitely not banned, think I would know by now if I was caught 5 previous times (assuming 2 points per offence). The notice states I only have 2 points on my license.

Advertisement