Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini-DV tape footage to PC

• 04-11-2006 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I have a mini-DV camera and want to transfer the footage form tape to my PC and perhaps burn onto CD/DVD.

I've fitted a firewire and I have now captured the video using Windows Movie maker and it has separated the video into clips, the same as it was initially recorded. This is convenient for finding a particular clip but I cannot save it to my PC in clip form.Each time I save it the entire video is saved with no clip separation. How can I save the segregated clips?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Drag a clip down to the time line and select "save to my computer"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

I did this with all of the clips but it still saved them as one video.

Moviemaker saves whatever is in the Timeline, so if you have a single
    clip in it that`s all it will save, if you drag 2 clips down it will save the 2 together so you would have to drag all the clips down together to save the full movie unless I`m missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Moviemaker saves whatever is in the Timeline, so if you have a single
    clip in it that`s all it will save, if you drag 2 clips down it will save the 2 together so you would have to drag all the clips down together to save the full movie unless I`m missing something.

You're correct but what I actually want to do is save the entire video in clip format so I can quickly find a certain clip or burn it onto a CD.

All you can do is drag Clip 1 to the timeline, save it, delete it from the timeline and repeat with all the other clips, then you have a collection of clips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement