Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter 3

Options
  • 05-11-2006 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone like this?

Got my cast off and been playing a lot of it latley with Hori sticks, and as a die hard Sf2 fan i just cant get into it, i mean its not hard completed it on hard with a few characters but still it not right.

Its 3d and just doesnt feel like a Sf game :confused:

Dunno just seem right, Sf2 and even alpha seem to be a better game.

/not playing anyone with amount of skill, thrashing mates kinda boring in MP cos of that.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Street fighter 3 3-d? I coulda sworn it was 2-d when i played it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eh, SF3 is definitely 2D. It really takes a while to get used to. Give it some more time. It's less flashy than the alpha series and far more tactical and balanced. Prefer SF2 myself but haven't really given SF3 a decent go due to a lack of a decent xbox joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OP said he was playing w/Hori sticks. He also said his game is "3D".
    From this, I deduce that he is actually playing SF EX3 on PS2, and not SF III:3rd Strike (which was only released on Xbox in the West)!!

... unless I'm missing something vital. Can I have a cookie now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Street Fighter Ex3 is indeed pants, its very sluggish to play, the charecters dont feel right at all, and its generally boring to play. It does have quite a nice tag system, but that cant save a very sub-standard game.

At first I thought you were talking about Third Strike, its an excellent game, probably my favourite street fighter actually, the end boss (Gil) is a bit silly, but otherwise its a crackin game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

3EX series are asolutley ****.

3RD STRIKE is possibly best game ever, i really got into, i havent played in ages. Played it alot on xbox live, got annivarsary stick, parry addict, couldnt pull em off that well though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

street fighter 3 3rd strike is,as the skangers say, WHOPPER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    From this, I deduce that he is actually playing SF EX3 on PS2, and not SF III:3rd Strike (which was only released on Xbox in the West)!!

Out on the Dreamcast aswell, but good luck finding a copy.

Out on the Dreamcast aswell, but good luck finding a copy.
    Meh, gathering from the 3S community it wasn't arcade-perfect anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Im pretty sure that SF3 3rd strike came with the SF anniversary addition on PS2. Haven't played SF3 myself and am dying to really because I've played SF aplha 3 to death!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It only came with SF3 in America. Capcom deemed the Europeans unworthy of SF3 on the PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

RELEASED IT on its own for japan, re releasing standalon edition again.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It only came with SF3 in America. Capcom deemed the Europeans unworthy of SF3 on the PS2.
    For feck sake! Whats their problem?! I think capcom have a personal vendetta against me. I wish more casual gamers would realise that SF is the way to go as far as fighters are concerned. I suppose that will never happen though cause SF is 2D and which isn't cool enough for the casual gamers and doesnt include 5 hit combos that involve hitting the o button 5 times successfuly wha?

I think the "SF isn't cool" problem started when Mortal Kombat did the whole gore-over-gameplay thing...

Anyway, much as I love SF -- VF is the way to go for casuals. That or SC...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

how is virtua fighter for casual players?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    how is virtua fighter for casual players?
    Less buttons ;)
    Plus, hitting P + K randomly seems to get casuals better results than mashing the buttons in Tekken, in my experience. VF's fluidity wins over Tekken's robotic displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cant beat super street fighter 2 turbo

i like alpha 2 & 3, but that 3d game that came out on PS2 bout 3 years ago was shít

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Haven't played SF3 myself and am dying to really because I've played SF aplha 3 to death!

What this mofo said ^^

I freakin love Alpha 3. but for me... these days fighting against the CPU and the same group of mates aint enough.

The future is in online play.

I would soooooooo love to be able to just play Alpha 3 online and just play random player after random player.

If one of these "next gen" yokes manages to pull that off with out any problems then I'm sold.

And no I dont wanna play SF2.........

Advertisement