Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod Broken-Repairs?!?

• 05-11-2006 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

hi.i got an ipod nano 4gb from my parents for christmas[they bought it in harvey normans,dundalk]

my dad was using it the other day and had it in his pocket at work all day and when he came home the screen looked all inky in the inside,and i couldnt see any of the normal menu,apart from the line from top to bottom on the left[he he therefore i know how to navigate to get to shuffle mode]

i brough it back to harvey normans today,reciept,warranty n'all .they said they couldnt fix it.they gave us a number for apple.

before i ring them,does anyone on here have had this happen to them?could they get it repaired without sending back to apple?if not ,where apple able to repair it?for how much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Well, as the staff in Harvey Norman, Dundalk (Yes, I work there myself) will have told you, the warranty never covers physical damage inflicted by the user, and only covers manufacturers fault. Your best course of action in this case is, as they suggested, to call Apple.

Apple will, as far as I know, arrange to collect the nano from you and send it back to you repaired or replaced. There will be a charge for getting it done, as it's a non-warranty job, but it's certainly the best course of action to get the original manufacturers to sort it out for you instead of some third party, because: a> They made it, they know what they're doing ... and b> Getting anyone else to do a repair job on it for you will invalidate any warranty from the manufacturer or extended warranty with the store that you may have.

Basically... yes... just ring Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

no chance you where there when it was brough it?my dad,tall speciled bald dude brought it in...........

does anybody have ANY idea of what apple will charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No, there's no chance I was there. I haven't been there for the past week.

What Apple will charge you will depend on what needs to be done - whether they can just replace the screen or if they have to replace the entire unit.

Ring Apple.

kk anyone else have advice before i ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tbyrne100

www.ipodrepairs.ie these guys are based in dublin and can replace the screen and anything else thats broken.

Personally I found Apples customers service to be inhuman, they really dont care and will probably bicker about your warrenty. They made me post mine to the states and I ended up getting it back 2 months later exactly the same ie no repair.:confused::mad:

Go with the irish site! :D

• Advertisement

Auets heading to states this week, ended up just giving her money to get me the 80gig classic over there. Might get nano repaired though-give it to my mam for christmas, shes been looking for an iPod. Cheers for the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 len1001

ipodrepairs!!! advise to go with a proper dealer
    tbyrne100 wrote: »
    www.ipodrepairs.ie these guys are based in dublin and can replace the screen and anything else thats broken.

Personally I found Apples customers service to be inhuman, they really dont care and will probably bicker about your warrenty. They made me post mine to the states and I ended up getting it back 2 months later exactly the same ie no repair.:confused::mad:

Go with the irish site! :D

Advertisement