Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Bathing Ape

• 05-11-2006 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of this brand before?
    I was walking down a little side street in London today, and I came across their store. There was a queue of people outside the door waiting to get in.

Later on, I was walking home, and curiosity got the better of me, so, as there was no queue, I went in and had a look around.

Their clothes are some of the ugliest clothes I've ever seen. Coloured camoflage baseball caps, for example. You can't actually touch any of the clothes. They're all in plexiglass cases. There are no price tags. I asked how much a T shirt was, and he said £50, which is ridiculous. It was just a plain white T shirt with "Bape" written on it.

Apperantly, you're only allowed buy one item at a time there.

Why is this brand so popular? Is it just clever marketing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I remember the 'Bape' t-shirts and hoodies being quite popular about 3 or 4 years ago. Mostly seen on young guys in nightclubs. Haven't seen them around for a while though. Didn't really get what all the fuss was about - thought it was just a passing trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Blisterman wrote:
    I asked how much a T shirt was, and he said £50, which is ridiculous. It was just a plain white T shirt with "Bape" written on it.
    It's not just a plain white t shirt. It has appeal and image, that's why people pay that money for it. Do you think a BMW costs as much to make as they charge for tham? Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Ian Brown is a big fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wikipedia article on A Bathing Ape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Yeah it is a trendy Japanese label on par with the likes of Stussy and Evisu. They used to sell Bathing Ape t-shirts for around €20 -€30 in the little Japanese clothes shop beside Claude's Wines in Georges Street Market. I'm not sure of they still do them though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

them bape teeshirts in georges street arcade are fake and i think they started selling alot of them there now. even though they fake they still cost quite a bit of money for some reason.

also yeah they sell for so high cause of clever marketing limiting the amount of a certain tee/hoody etc to make them more exclusive. also lots of big name rappers wear bape occasionally

the camo hoodies they sell go for around 1000 euro on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Wow, maybe I should buy some of them, and sell them on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Blisterman wrote:
    Wow, maybe I should buy some of them, and sell them on ebay.

I checked it out, they go for nothing near that!

http://clothes.search.ebay.co.uk/bape-camo-hoody_Clothes-Shoes-Accessories_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ11450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

all of those there are fake. theres only a handful of reliable bape resellers on ebay such as pondon.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-Bathing-Ape-BAPESTA-diamond-hoody-purple-camo-M_W0QQitemZ110021541037QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15687QQcmdZViewItem

theres a purple camo hoody there costs 1280 USD white and pink camo can go for around this price
    other colors are cheaper such as the red, blue and green camo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

bape stuff ROCKS

i'm a big fan of the CLH all over print hoodies too...

all these rapper dudes getting dressed up in ridiculous eye hurting combinations of lime green yellow and pink - shexy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

rb_ie wrote:
    Wikipedia article on A Bathing Ape.
    Those who are on the big side will have to cope with common clothes or attempt the lose weight.

lols

Advertisement