Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post courier problem - what to do ?

Options
  • 05-11-2006 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Just over a week ago I sold a small item on eBay (Bluetooth GPS receiver and Software).
    Anyhoo....it was bought by a guy in Australia, and he wanted insurance and quick delivery, and he agreed to the stupid price from An POst for insured courier, which was €53.

The package is now in AUSTRIA, not Australia, as An Post can't read.

I rang them on Friday morning, they took my details and promised to ring right back, and I haven't heard from them since.
    Does anybody have any ideas as to how I should proceed with this ??

BTW, I just checked the track and trace site, and according to that, it's still in Austria.

So, Like I said - anybody got any ideas ???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There really isn't anything you can do bar keep chasing them about it. If you want a refund, you should ask for one, then contact the Ombudsman when they refuse. I'm not sure how you go about filing a general complaint about An Post tbh, but letters to An Post and the two consumer agencies wouldn't be a bad idea.

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

unfortunately an post are 'regulated' by a pack of complete tossers called Comreg

try donal.connell@anpost.ie (the boss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Austria? lol

Sorry for laughing but that's bloody pathetic.

I have nothing helpful to add other than maybe use a private courier next time or something...hate to think that something like that could screw up your eBay feedback rating...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Devil's advocate here, but how was the parcel addressed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm sure that whether it was handwritten or printed off (the better of the two obviously), there was a postcode included and that alone should ensure it at least get's to the country in question...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

Believe you me, I feel for you! This makes me realise how amazing Pony Express was!:rolleyes:

Advertisement