Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT ... Cannot find server

Options
  • 05-11-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Hi, would appreciate your comments.

My father-in-law has BT BB and in the last couple of days he has been unable to access his broadband. When he tries it says 'page unavailable' or 'cannot find server'. Three days now. Is this a common problem? Is the line just down?

We can forget about actually ringing BT as this seems harder than getting a private audience with the pope so hence I'm here looking for answers.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

For the last few days the same thin khas been happening to me. i cant get a solid dsl light on my modem. If i do get one the chances are i'll be disconnected shortly. its very annoying. What area are you in? maybe its common to sepcific areas. i'm in ashbourne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sounds like DNS is down and you need some alternative numbers.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

Myksyk wrote:
    Hi, would appreciate your comments.

My father-in-law has BT BB and in the last couple of days he has been unable to access his broadband. When he tries it says 'page unavailable' or 'cannot find server'. Three days now. Is this a common problem? Is the line just down?

We can forget about actually ringing BT as this seems harder than getting a private audience with the pope so hence I'm here looking for answers.

Any help much appreciated.

Sometimes all you have to do is delete all temporary internet files, history and cookies and try again. You could also run an anti spyware program like add aware. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Thanks guys ... How do i get alternative dns numbers???

Advertisement