Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Ireland with Eirocm Netopia 3342

• 05-11-2006 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

I recently moved from Eirocm to BT Ireland for my broadband connection. I am using my existing netopia modem but can't get it to work. Is it just a matter of changing my username and password or am i missing something. The ericom broadband page still comes up when i hit my modem on 192.168.1.254. Do i need new firmware on my mode or anything. Confused!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seanogal

All you need is your username followed by @btbb and your password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Are u sure you don't need to change any settings? I have tried my username/password at the Eircom login page to no avail. I've tried it with Caps on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ricfeen wrote:
    Are u sure you don't need to change any settings? I have tried my username/password at the Eircom login page to no avail. I've tried it with Caps on and off.

Yes! in your routers settings make sure the DSL says "available", regardless of whether or not you have entered in your username and pass the router should be picking up that BT have turned on BB for your line. Try ringing BT and asking them if your username and pass have been activated yet, and if your DSL line is active. I needed to ring them to get mine activated even though I ordered online.... bloody joke if you ask me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

My Dsl light ok and all other settings. Except when I run diagnostics i get a ppoe fail. Don't know if the username/pwd is activated yet. BT Ireland have no support at the weekends. What are they like anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'm using the exact same and all I done was change the username and password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah i had that ppoe thing as well, it changed once I rang and activated my username and password. I rang them and they said they would activate it in 20 minutes.

BT supposedly have a good service but horrible support. The guy on the phone was a joke, first he tells me he can't send my present username and password to my email account because they are unable to see it as its private, then when I was asking him how to set up the router he reads out my username and password, which I hadn't given him, for me to put in???? He then said he'd send me details on setting up my router which consisted of "reset your router, enter user and pass, connect. this is my own opinion on what to do, not that of BT"

Sufficed to say, I won't be ringing again unless absolutely needed. Just ring them at 1890 923 923 and get them to check your acc info and activation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

On the subject of changing from Eircom to BT for BB di your speeds(DL/UL) change after the change or did they stay the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackybrown

Hi heres what you must do, goto your internet explorer and enter in router adress , 192.168.1.254 for netopia. click on expert mode and in this you can configure the conection.Use these settings,

VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    PROTOCOL: PP OVER ETHERNET OR PPOE LLC/SNAP

Use your bt username@btbb and password provided from isp
    and walla you are sorted.

vpi 8/ vci35 expert mode and configure conection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tricycle

Hi, I had this issue when my BT Voyager modem overheated and died because.
    Anyway hooked up with a Netopia Eircom router over lan and changed the Advanced Configuration Settings in Expert Mode.

The only settings you need to change are the Username and Password.
    Everything else should just stay the same.

BT support can tell you this over the phone but outside support hours it would be worth a try to guess your credentials as follows based on the default BT values from my experience:

username: "firstnamelastname@btbb" (e.g. "johnmurphy@btbb")
    password: "firstnamelastname" (e.g. johnmurphy")

The values above would be correct if the name on the BT account was:
    Mr. John Murphy

Give it a go and if it doesn't work just call 1904 and select option 3 (i think) for Broadband Support (hours 8am-9pm mon-fri, 10am - 6pm weekends).
    They will tell you straight away the correct credentials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HT5

Wow, you've revived an old thread there! I suggest getting a new router. Those Netopia ones are the worst I've ever come across. The BT Voyager routers are actually pretty decent believe it or not.

Anyway, all BT private customers will soon be changed over to Vodafone, which have pretty good support (last time I checked anyway).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement