Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Black Cat

Options
  • 05-11-2006 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just a quick note guys.

Our black cat went missing yesterday and we are very worried about him. He is a big 2 year old cat. He is very friendly and probabely lost in Charlesland somewhere. Unfortunatley he is not used to the outdoors and may be disorientated.

He has a green collar on him with a medal on it showing numbers to ring.

Please if anyone has seen him can they contact us.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

There was a black cat hanging around the cafe at superquinn yesterday afternoon not much help to you but thought I would let you know didn't take a very close look so don't know about the collar. Hope you find him soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

That's terrible, I really hope you find him soon

Post a lost ad on these websites - they seem to be checked regularly.

www.petsireland.invisionzone.ie
    www.lostandfound.ie
    www.ispca.ie - this website also has a section on what to do if you've lost your cat - http://www.ispca.ie/content/lost-whattodocat.htm

Ring all the local vets too - he may have been brought in or somebody may have found him and left details there. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yep, I saw him at the cafe on Friday. In fact, he even came over for a little cuddle. Lovely cat. If it's the same one, he has an 087 number on the collar?

There's every chance he's skulking around the yard at the back of Superquinn, so it might be no harm to ask if they've seen him.

Cats know where home is, so hopefully he'll be home soon enough.

I'll keep an eye out and if I see him again, we'll take him in and make contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

Thanks a million for your replies so far.

I think that there is another black cat in Charlesland also with a green collar in fact which isn't our fella. This cat is younger than ours and I suppose the only way to distinguish between the two is that our cat has a little gold medal hanging from his collar.

I also spotted the black cat outside the cafe but he is not our one.
    Thanks for your help though, we really appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Hi,

I also saw a black cat hanging around the carpark outside superquinn last night. I didn't get a close look so can't give you any much info. There were a few passers by giving it some pets. Hope you find it. Putting up posters and a notice in superquinn will probably help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

We recently lost our kitten and found her in the development site behind Charlesland Pk. She had jumped the wall and couldn't get back up because the height was much higher on the other side. The vet in greystones gave us a cat trap which we put down and caught her. I'm not sure if you're living in Charlesland Park or Grove but it might be worth taking a look in there incase your cat is there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I saw your cat today playing on the road closed sign at the bottom of the central green area. Sounds like its been hanging round that general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

My gf spotted a large black cat in Charlesland Wood this morning, it walked past our bedroom window. i.e on the small slopping roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daveyo

does your cat have some white on him/her/ it.. ? saw one today at my front door trying to catch a robin ...

Thanks for all your replies.

No our cat has no white on him, he is totally black. He is a big cat and has big green eyes.

We have been searching through Charlesland the past few days to no avail. We also checked the boundary wall and surrounds.

If any of you spot him please try to take him in and call us. Just be careful though because there is another black cat with a green collar in Charlesland and I don't want him catnapped by mistake.

Our cat has a gold medal on his collar with Pet-trace written on it and it gives contact numbers to call. I think the other black cat has an 087 number on it.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

P.S A reward is offered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

girl24 wrote:
    Hi,

I also saw a black cat hanging around the carpark outside superquinn last night. I didn't get a close look so can't give you any much info. There were a few passers by giving it some pets. Hope you find it.

:eek: :eek:

Maybe your cat was one of the pets they were giving it:eek:

Damn:(

[SNIP]

So I understand your pain cat owner.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi TNj.....

I get a lot of cats that pass through my back garden on the way to somehwere!! God only knows why they like my garden but I will see if ypurs is one of them and try and hold on to him and contact you. I think the reward for any decent person is that you find your cat safe and well and I hope you find it soon. Best of luck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Think I saw him last night on top of my car in driveway rear of wood got startled and dashed off in direction of tree trouts will let you know if i see him again p.m. me your no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 skeeterdom

Black cat outside flat on spine rd. Wood side. green collar with light stripe down middle and medal on. tried to read but too dark. up there 8.10pm now

Just to let you know.Cat was outside house where a Polish family live. Kids may be feeding him.

skeeterdom wrote:
    Black cat outside flat on spine rd. Wood side. green collar with light stripe down middle and medal on. tried to read but too dark. up there 8.10pm now

What did he get the medal for? Elusiveness? If you got close enuff to read the medal why didn't you just pick him up and bring him near a light source?. He's a cat, not a Gremlin.;)

It's 8:48 now...****...I might go out and have a gander. It sounds like some priceless **** is going down.:eek:

was friendly enough until i picked him up. he jumped and ran off.

skeeterdom wrote:
    was friendly enough until i picked him up. he jumped and ran off.

SNIP

PM Sent.

IT Loser wrote:
    SNIP

PM Sent.
    wat does that mean?

Thaedydal wrote:
    That he is being a spammy idiot and the moderator of this forum as sent him a message about not being nasty to someone esp when it comes to thier pets.

I wasn't nasty to anyone about their pets...in fact if you go back and READ it...I said " I feel your pain".

Members of the Irish Indigenous community STOLE MY DOG....but MikeDrag was busy "snipping"..."snipping" that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Folks,
    Any chance of behaving yourselves?

Has anyone found the cat? Which I think is the purpose of this thread!

FirstIn wrote:
    Folks,
    Any chance of behaving yourselves?

Has anyone found the cat? Which I think is the purpose of this thread!

The cat, it seems, is still missing. I was behaving myself till BIG ISSUES got on my case.

I'm not in court till 11 AM tomorrow...I'll spin around and have a look for her myself.

The cat that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Theadydal,

If it's all the same to you, I'll mod the forum!

Cheers!

Last sighting as reported. bear in mind it may not be the right cat. And no IT Loser. Resist the temptation to start forum on missing bears.

skeeterdom wrote:

Thanks for that.

I think that's the other black cat, that has the light strip on his green collar. Aplogises for getting specific but the green collar our fella has on is one shade of green and has a velvet texture.

The search goes on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

I say a black cat up near the playground near jackie skellys on Monday afternoon...Sorry if this aint much help i did notice collar. The cat was between on the grass between the car park and the playground.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

Sorry typo .....Meant to say Didnt notice a collar ( wasnt really paying attention ) but defo black cat

Saw a black cat with a green collar with a medal on it in superquinn carpark. Actually on the tree stands doing a little curl around the top bar. Disappeared into the shrubbery before I could get to it. Looked sleek and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

I saw a black cat with a green collar on it and a medal. Let me get near but then ran off. Looked in good condition. Not sure if it was yours or the other one that is similar. Def had a medal on its collar though. Hope you get the cat back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

can you call me on the number I PM'ed you
    I think I found your cat

Advertisement