Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Black Cat

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

disregard that last message.
    I noticed there was a number on the collar and it wasnt yours when I called...
    I have let the cat shoot off.

Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

Thanks a mill for your help anyhow, we really appreciate it.
    It looks like he's gone astray. We've been searching the roads & estates around Charlesland, and I get the impression that someone has taken him in. He's a 2 1/2 yr old large black cat, very affectionate. We had our previous cat for almost two years, and when we moved to Charlesland he was killed on the spine road after a few months. i'll be honest, we were pretty upset, and it was a hard choice to decide to get another. Our new guy, Paidí, was with us for only 2 months, until he decided to ramble. we were just starting to forget about Jess when he left.

I know some of you are reading this thinking... cat nut... psycho... to be honest I never liked cats until my arm was twisted and we got the first one. they're pretty affectionate creatures, often misunderstood, and i guess you grow to love them.

anyhow, enough of me rambling on. Thanks again for all your help and messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

dont want to get hopes up but at 19.15 saw large black cat with green collar walking from houses opposite supperquinn into underground carpark. the collar was light green close to that in the superquinn logo green.

hope it comes home,
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

I really hope you find your cat. The only other thing I can suggest is that if this cat was living somewhere else before you got him, cats often find their way back to where they lived before. I know someone who moved house to quite a distance away and their cat found its way back to the area they used to live.

Anyway best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

There was a black cat hanging around outside our house in Charlesland Park last night. He was meowing away and looking for loads of affection. He didn't have a collar on but I was thinking he may have lost it. He was plain black, a little bit chubby and had a longish coat. I'm not sure if he's yours but I decided I better let you know just incase.

• Advertisement

Perty wrote:
    There was a black cat hanging around outside our house in Charlesland Park last night. He was meowing away and looking for loads of affection. He didn't have a collar on but I was thinking he may have lost it. He was plain black, a little bit chubby and had a longish coat. I'm not sure if he's yours but I decided I better let you know just incase.

Hi Perty,

That sounds like him. His collar wasn't that tightly on him so he could have lost it alright.

Please can you let us know if you see him again. We will post you our number.
    Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

I have seen a very friendly cat a couple of times myself around Charlesland Park, he sounds the same as the one described by Perty only he has a bit of white on his paws and is actually wearing a dark coloured collar (both times I saw him it was night time so can't tell you exact colour). If he comes by again I will hold on to him - could you pm me your number just incase??

dalila wrote:
    I have seen a very friendly cat a couple of times myself around Charlesland Park, he sounds the same as the one described by Perty only he has a bit of white on his paws and is actually wearing a dark coloured collar (both times I saw him it was night time so can't tell you exact colour). If he comes by again I will hold on to him - could you pm me your number just incase??

Hi Dalila,

Thanks for that, Our cat has no white on him at all. He is totally black with big green eyes.

Hi TnJ

I haven't seen your cat since but I will take a good look around this evening. Unfortunately my internet was down at home over the weekend so I couldn't see your reply. I'm so annoyed I didn't keep onto him now. Hopefully he'll be still around. At least I know what he looks like. I have your number so I'll give you a call if I see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just wondering if you got your cat chipped? If he does turn up on someone's door and they can bring him to the vet so they can scan for the chip.

Last year, a black and white cat turned up on our friend's doorstep and he wasn't chipped so put up lost and found posters. We took him in, vaccinated him, chipped him and named him Dizzie Raschal. After a month of hanging around with the two cats we had already he disappeared! Little sh*t!

Anyway, I know what its like when they run off and I do hope he turns up soon.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil Perty.

Yeah, Paidi is microchipped alright. We got him from the DSPCA last month and all the cats they re-home are micro-chipped. So, even if he has lost his collar if he ends up at a vet or an animal shelter we could be contacted immediatley.

We looked around Charlesland over the weekend but to no avail!

Thanks so much everyone for all of your kindness. It's nice to think that there are still good & decent people out there.

Hi Everyone,

Great News, last night the Missing Black Cat Paidi came home! He has missing for over three weeks. But he is well and extremely happy to be home.

We got a phone call from a good samaritan in Charlesland Wood who found him meowing at her front door. It seems as if he just got lost and couldn't find his way back. So his travelling days are over for the near future.

Anyway, we just want to thank you all sincerely for your help and kindness in trying to locate him. Paidi says thanks too and is now thnking about writing a letter to Santa for Christmas.

TnJnP

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

Oh I am soooo thrilled to read that he has come home!! :) I've been following this thread and keeping an eye out everyday around here just incase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thats great news! Charlesland can rest easy now! I know that sounds sarcastic but I was actually keeping my eye out for him for ages...glad he is home!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Thats great news Tnj. It was great to see so many people keeping an eye out for him just shows you what a great estate Charlesland is:D

Ahh I'm delighted. I've been kicking myself all week that I didn't take him in when I saw him. I've been on the look out ever since but there was no sign.

Advertisement