Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need uk IP address for BBC website

Options
  • 05-11-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

So i can listen to live matches. How can i do this easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

You can listen to Five Live without a UK IP address. It's just for their streaming web content such as saved shows that you need to have a UK IP, not for their live streams of their radio stations.

I miss having a UK IP, was a lifesaver on boring evenings during the summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its very easy and effective to mask your ip . If you use a uk based proxy server you should be able to do what you want. Do a search on IP masking in Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've actually never successfully used a UK ip. I've tried it many times to watch things like snooker on the BBC site but never works. I used to have to use a foreign IP for watching Celtic games on the official Celtic site but for some reason it never works for UK ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

eirebhoy wrote:
    I've actually never successfully used a UK ip. I've tried it many times to watch things like snooker on the BBC site but never works. I used to have to use a foreign IP for watching Celtic games on the official Celtic site but for some reason it never works for UK ones.

I have never used proxies to connect to the BBC but tho problems you are having could be down to the proxy you used eirebhoy. The free ones tend to be hit and miss and can be very slow too. The purchased ones are more reliable and may solve that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

If the OP has satellite TV, you can tune into 5 Live that way.

This thread has the details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement