Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE v6 stalling

• 05-11-2006 4:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Weird problem that's driving me mad :mad:

When I open a window with IE, it appears to stall for about 30 secs. If I right click on the the tab on the menu bar the page comes up, but it still won't let me access it until around the 30 sec mark?

What's that all about :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Try IE7 its no longer a beta ;-)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx
    or use windows update.

If that does not help download and run windows defender and see what comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try reinstalling IE6 first before upgrading. Does the webpage stall under Firefox? Worth a try.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I upgraded to IE 7 and lost the connection??? Uninstalled it and here I am again. Downloaded AVG as nortons is so $hit€ and that zapped the nasties and cleared the stalling problem.

Now any ideas why IE7 wouldn't connect after I upgraded from the microsoft site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

whats is your home page set to ?... it could be that it is just having a problem opening this page initially, be it alot of graphics on it or whatever....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

it's set to google. Not exactly a graphical bonanza :D

Very odd, loaded/updated from IE6 just fine, all very smooth, but refused to connect. As soon as I uninstalled it and it automatically reverted to IE6, connection was no problem as before. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement