Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to keep towels soft?

• 05-11-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, not much to do with fashion/appearance, but it is a bit of an odd question and it's to do with fabrics so I thought the frequenters here might know a thing or two.

I hate when after towels have been watched they're all itchy and scratchy and it's like wrapping yourself in cardboard studded with barbed wire* so how can I keep them soft? I've heard that fabric conditioner is bad for towels as it makes them lose their absorbancy, but are there any tips and tricks that will make me feel like I'm being wrapped in huggles?

*may be a slight exaggeration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Try using less detergent in the wash, and adding a cup of white vinegar to the spin cycle. I'm told this works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Nah, use Comfort on them, they'll be lovely and soft. Mine are fine and I use softener, and it hasn't affected absorbancy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Piste wrote:
    any tips and tricks that will make me feel like I'm being wrapped in huggles?
    Awww! Ickle wickle huggles from your My Wickle Pony themed towely-wowelies!

1. Don't leave them out on the line for 2 weeks like I sometimes do.
    2. Add about 30ml of Lenor to the wash IN THE PROPER COMPARTMENT.
    3. Fold them after drying and allow them to 'air' in an airing cupboard for at least 2 days.

...fluff city guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SueL

Fabric conditioner is good, and my Mum told me to fluff them up in the dryer for 10 minutes after washing, before you hang them out to dry. It works! Also, never dry them on the radiator straight from the machine, they'll turn to stone!!
    I feel very old and responsible joining in this thread! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you're tumble drying them, don't. That's what kills their very souls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Tumble dryer ftw!ooh and with those 'Bounce' dryer sheets...mmm I can feel the softness and smell the sunshine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Let them dry naturally first, then bring them in off the line and put them in the tumble dry for a bit so get them fluffed up/soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SueL

I do the 10 minute tumble dry before I hangthem out and it works a treat! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Wave your Fluffy wand methinks! No, Lenor is good for keeping them soft and like someone pointed out, not a good idea to be leaving them on the line for longer than necessary! Also, you could also think about investing in a set of really good towels and you'll be guaranteed they will stay gorgeously soft! I got some in Habitat a while ago and it's like drying myself with feathers.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I also find giving them a quick iron softens them up aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement