Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Factory

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

hahaha i love that video :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

that clip was disgracefully violent, but hilarious

I nearly choked to death I was laughing so hard at it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I nearly choked to death I was laughing so hard at it. :D

I have to admit that was funny, i was amazed by what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Brilliant Vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

gline wrote:
    the only thing with fear factory is they can get quite boring after listening to them for awhile mainly because of the vocals... all sound the same.

I would argue that Burton's vocals are awesome. The guy can mix harsh screaming, guttural growling and surprisingly high pitched singing very well. Have a listen to these and tell me if you still thing he always sings the same way:
    • The deep growling of Scumgrief off Soul of a New Machine (I had to listen to it after watching that video clip :D )
    • The chorus and verse of Terminate off Hatefiles.
    • The layered vocals of Invisible Wounds also from Hatefiles
    • The rapping of Back the F*ck up from Digimortal

And that's just from the Fear Factory songs that are near each other on my Winamp playlist, I could find more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yea invisible wounds is prolly the best thing on digimortal, really shows off burtons clean vocals.

I meant the version from the Hatefiles album where the drums and bass are mixed far better but either version is good from the vocal point of view.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If I remember correctly, only their first album is good imo.

No, they've plenty of good albums, as so:

Soul Of A New Machine
    Demanufacture
    Obsolete
    Archetype

Haven't heard transgression, so I won't comment on that, but so far Digimortal is the only I've heard that's ****.

Their first album was "Soul of a New Machine" released in 1992 I think. It's a very different sound to their later releases. I'm not sure why you think it's the best as it certainly bears little resemblance to their output once the guy from Frontline Assembly got involved. More Death Metal than Industrial Metal or Cyber Metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I have nearly all the albums, picked up transgression straight away although wasn't really impressed.

But fantastic band, easy to overlook them.

I'm just wondering if anyone's ever seen the DVD that Fear Factory brought out in 2001 called Digital Connectivity? I got it a few years ago and would recommend it to fans of the band. There's some great live footage on there especially of the song "Shock".

As it's a few years old it doesn't go through the saga of Dino leaving which maybe isn't such a bad thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

might try and get a hold of this sounds excellent

malice_ wrote:
    I'm just wondering if anyone's ever seen the DVD that Fear Factory brought out in 2001 called Digital Connectivity? I got it a few years ago and would recommend it to fans of the band. There's some great live footage on there especially of the song "Shock".

As it's a few years old it doesn't go through the saga of Dino leaving which maybe isn't such a bad thing!

Nope, don't have it. Might check it out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

excellent band! not too many rock bands i'd be into but demanufacture blew my mind when i heard it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Sorry, HATE this band. Passionately.

Sorry, HATE this band. Passionately.
    Would you care to explain why? I can't recall any metal fans that I've spoken to about Fear Factory would have said they hated them passionately. If this was a thread about Linkin Park then I'd understand :)

Advertisement