Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tracing ownership?

Options
  • 05-11-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

I am buying a car where the dealer knows nothing about the history of the car.

The name thats presently on the VRC is the dealer who "trades" cars mainly for a hobby.

Is there a way I can check who the previous owners were ? (mainly to verify if the timing belt was done )

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Your nearest licensing authority I should think would be your next port of call but be prepared to supply proof of ownership. That said if the car dealer was any good he should find it out for you or tell him your not taking the car without the belt being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Barr wrote:
    I am buying a car where the dealer knows nothing about the history of the car.

The name thats presently on the VRC is the dealer who "trades" cars mainly for a hobby.

Is there a way I can check who the previous owners were ? (mainly to verify if the timing belt was done )

Thanks

I was going to suggest forking out €25 and getting a report from cartell but not sure if this will give you the details of the previous owners (perhaps someone who used it when it was free can comment).

My gut instinct though when a dealer say he has no knowledge of a cars history is that there may be a skeleton in the cars past!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The €25 report on Cartell is the one that was free for a limited time and doesn't list who the owners of the car were - IIRC it only lists how many owners. The more expensive ones may list them - I don't know.

Advertisement