Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isuzu Trooper - could anyone copy owner's handbook for me?

Options
  • 05-11-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

It's 1996, 3100cc, deisel, long wheelbase. It also has 'Duty Intercooler' and 'Duty Executive' on it. We haven't figured out all the contols etc yet.
    I've drawn a blank on the web, and only found workshop type manuals, and 1 owner's one for a different model on Ebay. Dealers and the Isuzu website don't help.
    Someone suggested, in a similar thread, ringing round scrapyards; but from here in the Donegal backwoods I'm not very hopeful.
    I'd happily send you some money for the expenses and trouble. If any angels are about, please send me a message!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

What do you want to find out about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

How to work it, basically, and maintain it (instead of having to find out what all the knobs and controls do by trial and error).
    My husband bought it recently, and we got it legally on the road the other day. I expect most of it is like any fairly recent car but, as we've driven nothing but Transit vans for about 20 years, we have more to learn than most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd recommend a Haynes workshop manuel, you could get one through any good motorfactors or try Amazon.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Perhaps I wasn't being very clear. Handling/manoevering is no problem (we both found the Isuzu wonderfully easy to drive, straight away). The 4-wheel drive mode is being tried in a muddy lane as I write.

It's just that we've never had a car made later than the 1970s, let alone any new car - we've needed a van for decades, and couldn't run to 2 vehicles till now (apart from a period of my 'wife's runabout' being a 1970s, Cortina-like Ford pickup).
    So we're not familiar with modern cars, and it would be a lot of work for someone to answer all our questions.

We haven't driven it after dark yet, for instance, in case unfamiliarity with the lights might be a danger. The window controls etc. are fairly self-evident, and I downloaded the instructions for its (later) audio system. But nobody seems to have had the resources to make a database of downloadable instructions (for stuff made before the Web really took off, at any rate).

Even the specifications would be a start!

Anyway, thanks Junkyard - a workshop manual should tell us all we need to know and more.

Advertisement