Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New albums.

• 05-11-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if there any new albums out/coming out soon that you are really liked/are lookin forward to listenin to?

Got deftones new album the other day and i must say its pretty good, interestin t see how bands develop. Cant wait for the new incubus album out later this month aswel!!
    November should be a good month.

Any others i have forgotten?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Nice one Jimmy, the Deftones album is pretty good alright. much more impressive than the last self titled album i think. Have to listen a few times more to get into it.
    Did ya see the track called u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,select,start?
    A cool name for a track eh!! I knew it was a cheat code for the SNES but i couldn't remember what game.
    According to ggogle it gives you 30 lives in a game called contra force on the SNES.
    Its really like a lot of the cheats used on those consoles tho..
    Anyway, ya.. the new Mars Volta album rocks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I'm loving this new EP called My Hands, My Greedy Hands I got by some metalcore band called Sophia.

I've been meaning to check out the new Isis, from what I've heard it might be even more up my alley than they were before.

Ain't heard the new Deftones...suppose I'll check it out.

The new Saosin album, just out the other week is brilliant.

That's all I can think of right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Holy crap, completely forgot about amputechture (mars volta). Its pretty good but i have to admit that de-loused is still their finest work. Kasabians latest is great aswel, defo worth a mention.
    Speaking of deftones tho, i found their first album, like linus, on d net the other day. Very rare, from pre-adreneline days, and pretty ****in cool aswel. Its interestin t see how much bands mature over a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Picked up the new Isis cd recently which is ok but is probably a bit of a grower and also got the 20th anniversary special edition of Flotsam And Jetsam's debut, Doomsday For The Deceiver - 2cds (original album and some demos, second disc is remixed and remastered album and loads of demos) plus a dvd of loads of live stuff from the early to mid 80's. This is one remix that, to my ears anyway, doesn't suck the balls or character from the original recording (nods at the Megadeth remixes). Great, great album and it's a ****ing travesty it will go largely unnoticed.

Holy crap, completely forgot about amputechture (mars volta). Its pretty good but i have to admit that de-loused is still their finest work. Kasabians latest is great aswel, defo worth a mention.
    Speaking of deftones tho, i found their first album, like linus, on d net the other day. Very rare, from pre-adreneline days, and pretty ****in cool aswel. Its interestin t see how much bands mature over a few years.

Cool, must get like Linus, got a linky handy?
    Deftones have taken a few twists n turns over the years alright but although the new album is good, i dunno if it will be a classic like Adrenaline or (my favourite) Around the fur.

• Advertisement

Around the fur, imho, is deftones at their finest but thats not to say i dont like the other albums as much, it just depends what mood you're in. Same with most bands.Incubus are really like that aswel.

I sure do, try goin to this: http://www.deftonesworld.com/download.htm You wil need to get unrar to open the file tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I have only heard the new single from Saturday Night Wrist (Hole in the Earth) and I liked it. A mate told me the new album was crap but i still wana have a listen and make up my own mind!

Mastodon's new album is amazing! Definitely worth a look imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Oh oh Thrice are working on a new 4-disc, 4-concept album and it's gonna be amazing. Like everything Thrice do.

Around the fur, imho, is deftones at their finest but thats not to say i dont like the other albums as much, it just depends what mood you're in. Same with most bands.Incubus are really like that aswel.

I sure do, try goin to this: http://www.deftonesworld.com/download.htm You wil need to get unrar to open the file tho.

Nice one Jimmy. Like Linus is very good so far. I love the older raw guitars. The studio version of teething is class. I heard the track before as a live bside version.
    Thanks for the linky!

No problem, if there are any links knockin around for other bands rare unreleased or old stuff dont be afraid to smack it in at the end of a post to share it with us.
    Dont be greedy, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Caco wrote:
    I have only heard the new single from Saturday Night Wrist (Hole in the Earth) and I liked it. A mate told me the new album was crap but i still wana have a listen and make up my own mind!
    Don't worry, i've just bought the album and it is brilliant.

No problem, if there are any links knockin around for other bands rare unreleased or old stuff dont be afraid to smack it in at the end of a post to share it with us.
    Dont be greedy, lol.

Ah man, i was never one to be greedy..:D

Always good for a look now and again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Guns N'Roses "Chinese Democracy"......................:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah,riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

A lot of great ones have just come out, I'm still catching up.

Including:
    Sick of it All - Death to Tyrants
    Cradle of Filth - Thornography (verdict still withheld on this one)
    Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
    Trivium - The Crusade
    Slayer - Christ Illusion

and two big letdowns for me:
    Mastodon - Blood Mountain (good, but was hoping for so much better)
    The Mars Volta - Ampitechture (More a Frances the Mute than a Deloused in the Comatorium)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,select,start?

AFAIK, this could be a cheat for Sonic on the Sega Mega Drive. Thats one of the best names for a song. Not sure of any good new albums that I'd like that are out around now, mostly for old stuff myself by now

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Don't worry, i've just bought the album and it is brilliant.
    Agreed , unexpectedly brilliant. I mean theres only so long you can keep turning out amazing albums, I'd love if they put out a really aggressive heavy album before they finish up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nope sonic the hedge hod was u,d,l,r AB and start together.

This and the cheat for infinite shirunkens(SP?) in shinobi are the two cheats i will remember till the day i die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

New Rush album either before or just after Christmas :)

cant wait ....Baggio...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Mushy wrote:
    AFAIK, this could be a cheat for Sonic on the Sega Mega Drive. Thats one of the best names for a song. Not sure of any good new albums that I'd like that are out around now, mostly for old stuff myself by now

It's a cheat that was in pretty much every game made by Konami for the NES, Game Boy and SNES (and possibly with Sega systems as well but I wasn't a Sega kid). Always gave you loads of lives. Probotector FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

I picked up the new Insomnium album - "Above The Weeping World". What a cracker!! I have it about two months now and I give it a spin at least every two days. The business.

I also got My Dying Bride's - "A Line Of Deathless Kings" and it's immense. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement