Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backslash Control Chars in PI Anon Posts

Options
  • 05-11-2006 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I presume one of the PI mods has already mentioned this, but all the anon posts today seem to be appearing with \'s for special control characters and punctuation.

For instance newlines are appearing as \n

Whats happening???
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aye, this was happening yesterday too. Not sure what's going on, but it's possibly linked to some of the dropdown menus not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Came to the board to post this thread so I'll just add that it's happening to me to. It looks like the escape characters aren't being processed the same for unreg posters as they are for registered posters but I'm sure the admins will have it sorted in a day or two.

\"\"\n\n\n\r\r\r\r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

And another thing. Sometimes when posting when I press the ' key it opens up the find dialog in FF. If I open notepad and start typing and tab back it's fine. This only happens on boards. It's random I'm afraid. Can't pin down any particilar cause except for boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I don't know if this is related to your problems but im having problems with the space bar. when i hit it while typing it doesn't jump forward until i type a letter. I checked it with notepad and word pad in case it was my keyboard but had no problems with them. Its intermittent, but often enough to be a pain.
    Then again it might just be a problem at my end.

Advertisement