Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Dublin selling SOS paella rice and Spanish Lentils?

• 05-11-2006 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if there was a shop in Dublin selling the spanish trade SOS rice used in Paella and also Spanish Lentils or is their another trade thats a good substitute for SOS rice.

Thanks

Snake;

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hey Snakes,

Not sure exactly but there is one or 2 spanish restaurants in the city., You could try to ring them and ask.

Havana Tapas Bar
    3 Camden Market Grantham Street Dublin 2
    476 0046

Don Angel
    7 D'Olier Street, Dublin 2

Its worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 neever

Hi,

I am not too sure about the rice, but there is another tapas restaurant in Temple Bar that you could ask advice from - La Paloma. I would also try Fallon & Byrne (Dublin 2), Harvey Nichols food hall (in Dundrum) and Avoca Handweavers food hall (Dublin 2).

As regards the lentils, are Spanish lentils not just your normal brown lentils that you can get in supermarkets and health food shops here? I know in Spain they are more particular about what region they come from, but I am almost positive they are the same basic type.

I just had a big bowl of lentejas for my lunch, and they were yum, so best of luck hunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I find arborio rice works well in a paella...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

i've seen paella rice for sale in tesco.... not sure what it's like though

Advertisement